In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy sambal chicken over kale salad with Thai ginger dressing
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Spicy, Soy-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
Deconstructed chicken skewers meet fresh mango and kale in this everything-we-love-about-Thai-food dish.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket sambal mayo (paleo mayo - sambal oelek)
- 1 organic mango
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai basil
- Sunbasket Thai ginger dressing base (fish sauce - honey - coconut vinegar - ginger)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 3 ounces organic shredded kale
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
Calories: 510, Protein: 27g (54% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 28g (43% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 890mg (37% DV), Carbohydrates: 38g (13% DV), Total Sugars: 30g, Added Sugars: 4g (8% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Fish (anchovy), Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the chicken
- Place 1 or 2 chicken pieces at a time on a large piece of plastic wrap or waxed paper and sprinkle the meat with a few drops of water. Cover with another piece of plastic wrap or waxed paper and pound with a rolling pin or heavy frying pan to flatten to an even thickness of about ½ inch. Remove the plastic wrap or waxed paper, transfer the chicken to a plate, pat dry with a paper towel, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Coat the chicken evenly on both sides with the sambal mayo.
Cook the chicken
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side for thighs, 4 to 6 minutes per side for breasts. Transfer to a plate. Meanwhile, start preparing the mango and the salad.
Prep the mango; make the kale salad
- Trim the ends from the mango; cut away the peel, then cut the flesh away from the pit into halves. Thinly slice the halves crosswise. Set aside for serving.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves.
In a large bowl, stir together the Thai ginger dressing base, almond butter, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the kale, carrots, and basil and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the kale salad to individual plates, top with the mango and chicken, and serve.
- Time the chicken.
- Strip and tear the basil leaves.
- Make the dressing.
- Assemble the salad.
- Top the salad with the mango.