Steak salad with romesco vinaigrette
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free
25 – 35 Minutes
Juicy steak slices and peak-of-the-season summer vegetables make this paleo and gluten-free main-course salad as good for you as it is good to eat.
- ¼ pound green beans
- Two 6-ounce top sirloin steaks
- 1 or 2 summer squash
- 3 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 ounce caper berries
- Sun Basket romesco vinaigrette (roasted red peppers - almonds - fresh garlic - olive oil - sherry vinegar - sweet smoked paprika - salt)
- 3 tablespoons roasted almonds
- Fresh basil
- 3½ ounces baby arugula
Caper berries are bigger and juicier than capers, which stands to reason: caper berries are the fruits of the caper bush, while capers are the buds from which caper berries grow.
Cook the green beans
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans.
While the water heats and the beans cook, prepare the steaks.
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the steaks cook and rest, prepare the squash.
Prep and cook the squash
- Trim the ends from the squash; cut the squash on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
While the squash cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining salad ingredients
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Remove the stems from the caper berries; cut the caper berries crosswise into thick slices.
- Stir 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water into the romesco vinaigrette to loosen it slightly.
- Coarsely chop the almonds for garnish.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
Toss the salad
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 44g (88% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 51g (78% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 30g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 12g (60% DV), Cholesterol: 130mg (43% DV), Sodium: 940mg (39% DV), Carbohydrates: 18g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Contains: tree nuts