Speedy steak salad with summer squash and red pepper vinaigrette
Dairy-Free, Paleo, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free
Juicy steak slices and peak-of-the-season vegetables make this paleo and gluten-free main-course salad as good for you as it is good to eat.
In your bag
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic rib-eye steak (about 14 ounces; 1 steak serves 2)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 organic summer squash
- 3 ounces organic grape or Sungold tomatoes
- 1 ounce caper berries
- 3 tablespoons roasted almonds
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh basil
- 3 ounces organic baby kale or other leafy greens
- Sun Basket red pepper vinaigrette (roasted red peppers - EVOO - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - kosher salt)
Caper berries are bigger and juicier than capers, which stands to reason: the berries are the fruits of the caper bush, while capers are the buds from which caper berries grow.
Prepare a medium-hot fire on one side of a grill. Set the steak on the grill directly over the heat and cook, turning once, until starting to brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to indirect heat, close the grill, and cook without turning until lightly charred and cooked to the desired doneness, 5 to 10 minutes longer for top sirloin and 5 to 15 minutes longer for rib-eye and filet mignons.
Calories: 730, Protein: 44g (88% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 56g (86% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 33g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 12g (60% DV), Cholesterol: 130mg (43% DV), Sodium: 530mg (22% DV), Carbohydrates: 17g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.