Steak with chermoula, roasted vegetables, and pesto
Dairy-Free, Paleo, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free
We toss basil-walnut pesto with oven-roasted vegetables and use cilantro chermoula to top an easy seared steak for a super-sauced 20-minute meal.
In your bag
- ½ pound organic broccoli
- 5 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic rib-eye steak (about 14 ounces; 1 steak serves 2)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh basil
- Sun Basket basil-walnut pesto (EVOO - walnuts - fresh basil - fresh garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
- Sun Basket chermoula (EVOO - fresh parsley - fresh lime juice - fresh cilantro - coriander - cumin - kosher salt)
A bright Moroccan condiment traditionally served with seafood, chermoula is so versatile we think of it as a kind of North African salsa. It’s often bright red with paprika, but ours is vibrant green with fresh parsley, cilantro, and lime.
Prepare a medium-hot fire on one side of a grill. Set the steak on the grill directly over the heat and cook, turning once, until starting to brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to indirect heat, close the grill, and cook without turning until lightly charred and cooked to the desired doneness, 5 to 10 minutes longer for top sirloins and 5 to 15 minutes longer for rib-eye and filet mignons.
Calories: 600, Protein: 42g (84% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 41g (63% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 26g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 110mg (37% DV), Sodium: 370mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 13g (4% DV), Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.