Steak and chermoula with roasted vegetables and pesto
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
We doubled down on the fresh herb sauces for this easy steak dinner. Toss our basil-walnut pesto with the roasted broccoli and tomatoes, and smear the tangy parsley and cilantro chermoula on the meat. If you have a grill—and the weather cooperates—you can cook the steaks outdoors. The broccoli and tomatoes can be cooked in a tablespoon or two of olive oil in a flameproof frying pan set on the grill.
- ½ pound broccoli crowns
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- Two 6-ounce top sirloin steaks
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- Chermoula spice blend (coriander - cumin)
- Sun Basket basil-walnut pesto (basil - walnuts - baby arugula - fresh garlic - olive oil - salt)
Roast the vegetables
- Cut the broccoli crowns into long florets.
While the broccoli and tomatoes roast, prepare the steaks.
Cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the steaks cook and rest, prepare the chermoula and dress the vegetables.
Make the chermoula and finish the vegetables
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Zest and juice the lime.
In a medium bowl, toss the roasted vegetables with as much basil-walnut pesto as you like. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Calories: 840, Protein: 44g, Fiber: 6g, Total Fat: 64g, Monounsaturated Fat: 45g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 85mg, Sodium: 630mg, Carbohydrates: 22g, Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugars: 0g.
Contains: Tree Nuts