In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black Angus rib-eyes with warm kale, romanesco, and goat cheese salad
Mediterranean, Protein Plus, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 710 Calories/Serving
Taste the magic of this luxe steak dinner! For spellbinding flavor, we conjure up premium Black Angus steaks and warm seasonal veggies sprinkled with tangy goat cheese.
In your bag
- 1 head organic romanesco
- 2 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
- Steak options:
- 2 Black Angus rib-eyes (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus New York strips (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- Sunbasket garlic-porcini seasoning (granulated garlic - porcini powder - sweet paprika)
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai basil
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sunbasket lemon vinaigrette base (lemon juice - onion - garlic - Dijon mustard - porcini powder)
- 3 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
Calories 710, Total Fat 44g (56% DV), Sat. Fat 13g (65% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 130mg (43% DV), Sodium 340mg (15% DV), Total Carb. 24g (9% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 60g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the romanesco and kale
- Cut the romanesco into 1-inch florets, discarding any leaves or thick stalks.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the romanesco, season generously with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and starting to soften, 6 to 8 minutes. Working in batches if needed, add the kale and cook, stirring occasionally, until just wilted, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Wipe out the pan. While the vegetables are cooking, prepare the steaks.
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper and the garlic-porcini seasoning.
In the same pan used for the romanesco, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks.
For rib-eyes and New York strips:
Cook, turning once, until well browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
For filet mignons:
Cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 8 to 12 minutes for medium-rare.
Transfer the cooked steaks to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ½-inch-thick slices. While the steaks are cooking and resting, prepare the salad.
Assemble the kale and romanesco salad
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Strip the basil and parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- In a small bowl, stir together the lemon vinaigrette base and 1 to 2 tablespoons oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
To the bowl with the kale and romanesco, add the tomatoes, basil, parsley, lemon vinaigrette, and goat cheese and toss gently. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the steaks and kale and romanesco salad to individual plates and serve.
- Strip the basil and parsley leaves.
- Make the lemon vinaigrette.
- Assemble the salad.