In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sun Basket Chermoula
5 Servings, 80 Calories/Serving
Of the many recipes inspired by Paula Wolfert, this chermoula is one of our favorites. Wolfert helped popularize this sauce with the 1973 release of Couscous and Other Good Food from Morocco, the first major English-language Moroccan cookbook ever published. The bold condiment, a kind of Moroccan salsa verde, incorporates fresh herbs—parsley and cilantro—plus fragrant ground spices including cumin, coriander, and paprika. It’s traditionally served with seafood, but we love it on everything from salmon fillets to turkey sandwiches.
In your bag
- Small bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Small bunch fresh cilantro
- One slice preserved lemon
- 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Calories: 80, Protein: 0g, Fiber: 1g, Total Fat: 7g, Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 115mg, Carbohydrates: 3g, Added Sugar: 0g.
Wash produce before use
Prep the ingredients
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
- Finely chop the cilantro.
- Remove any pulp from the preserved lemon; finely chop enough peel to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate.
Make the chermoula
Chef's Tip: The chermoula can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.