In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sweet and sticky tofu rice bowls with pickled greens
Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
These plant-based rice bowls showcase delicious flavors and textures, from sweet and sticky tofu to the bright orange salad and pickled dandelion greens.
In your bag
- ½ cup quick-cooking long-grain brown rice
- 1 bunch organic dandelion greens or other leafy greens (about 7 ounces)
- Sun Basket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - maple syrup)
- 10 ounces Hodo organic firm tofu
- Sun Basket char siu base (maple syrup - coconut aminos - molasses - dried plums - garlic - coconut vinegar - toasted sesame oil - beet powder - five-spice powder)
- 1 organic orange
- 3 organic scallions
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
Calories: 590, Protein: 30g (60% DV), Fiber: 15g (60% DV), Total Fat: 14g (22% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 260mg (11% DV), Carbohydrates: 88g (29% DV), Total Sugars: 27g, Added Sugars: 16g (32% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
Pickle the dandelion greens
- Remove any coarse stems from the dandelion greens; coarsely chop the leaves.
Prep and cook the tofu
- Pat the tofu dry with paper towels and cut it crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices.
Make the orange salad
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange. Cut the fruit crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices or see Chef’s Tip on supreming. Discard any seeds.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces.
In a medium bowl, combine the orange, scallions, and carrots, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Combine the dandelion greens and brine.
- Peel the orange by hand.
- Assemble the orange salad.
- Help assemble the bowls.