In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sweet and sticky tofu rice bowls with pickled greens
Gluten-Free, Vegan, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
These plant-based bowls come with a riot of textures and flavors thanks to sweet and sticky tofu, tangy pickled greens, and a bright, fresh orange salad.
In your bag
- ½ cup quick-cooking long-grain brown rice
- 1 bunch organic dandelion greens or other leafy greens (about 7 ounces)
- Sun Basket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - maple syrup)
- ½ pound Hodo organic braised tofu
- Sun Basket char siu base (maple syrup - coconut aminos - molasses - dried plums - garlic - coconut vinegar - toasted sesame oil - beet powder - five-spice powder)
- 1 organic orange
- 3 organic scallions
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
Quick-cooking long-grain brown rice is just that: brown rice that is partially cooked, then dehydrated. It takes half the time to prepare but has the same nutritional benefits. With only the inedible outer husk removed from each kernel, the nutritious bran layer, loaded with fiber, essential fatty acids, and vitamins B and E, remains intact.
Calories: 630, Protein: 28g (56% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 19g (29% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 1g (5% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 460mg (19% DV), Carbohydrates: 94g (31% DV), Total Sugars: 26g, Added Sugars: 19g (38% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
While the rice cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Pickle the dandelion greens
- Remove any coarse stems from the dandelion greens; coarsely chop the leaves.
Prep and cook the tofu
- Pat the tofu dry; cut the tofu crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices.
While the tofu cooks, start the salad.
Make the orange salad
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange. Working over a medium bowl, cut along both sides of each membrane to release the segments into the bowl. Alternatively, peel and cut the fruit crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices. Discard any seeds.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Combine the dandelion greens and brine.
- Peel the orange by hand.
- Assemble the orange salad.
- Help assemble the bowls.