Tolan's turkey meatloaf with roasted broccoli and romesco
40 - 50 Minutes
This is a collaboration between Sun Basket and Food Network Chef Tyler Florence, whose wife, Tolan, is the inspiration for the recipe. Her signature glaze of ketchup, mustard, and Worcestershire does double duty, as both a topping for the loaf and a seasoning for the meat.
- 1 yellow onion
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 3 ounces diced pancetta
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Tolan’s meatloaf glaze (Worcestershire sauce - ketchup - Dijon mustard)
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- ½ cup whole wheat panko
- ¾ pound broccoli crowns
- Sun Basket romesco (roasted red peppers - almonds - fresh garlic - olive oil - sherry vinegar - sweet smoked paprika - salt)
Cook the pancetta and onion
- Peel and coarsely chop the yellow onion.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 2 teaspoons.
Assemble the meatloaf
- Cut off a small corner of the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate and pat dry with a paper towel.
Bake the meatloaf
Remove the meatloaf from the oven, slather with the remaining meatloaf glaze, and cut into thick slices.
While the meatloaf bakes, prepare the broccoli.
Prep and roast the broccoli
- Cut the broccoli crowns into 1-inch florets.
Ingredient IQ Romesco, the sweet red pepper dipping sauce for the broccoli, originated in the Catalonia region of Spain. We love to eat it with almost any vegetable. Try it with roasted potatoes or cauliflower, or slather it on your next sandwich.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Set the timer for the meatloaf.
- Toss the broccoli with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Set the table.
- Serve the meal.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 590, Protein: 32 g, Total Fat: 39 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 17 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 8 g, Cholesterol: 140 mg, Carbohydrates: 29 g, Fiber: 5 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 1190 mg,
Contains: tree nuts, eggs, soy, wheat.