Tolan's turkey meatloaf with roasted broccoli and romesco
40 – 50 Minutes
This appealing classic is enriched with pancetta and a crowd-pleasing glaze of ketchup, mustard, and Worcestershire..
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 or 3 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 3 ounces diced pancetta
- Tolan’s meatloaf glaze (ketchup - Dijon mustard - vegan Worcestershire sauce)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- ½ cup whole wheat panko
- ¾ pound broccoli
- Sun Basket romesco (roasted red peppers - almonds - fresh garlic - olive oil - sherry vinegar - sweet smoked paprika - salt)
Romesco, the sweet red pepper dipping sauce for the broccoli, originated in the Catalonia region of Spain. We love to eat it with almost any vegetable. Try it with roasted potatoes or cauliflower, or slather it on your next sandwich.
Cook the pancetta and onion
- Peel and coarsely chop enough yellow onion to measure 1 cup.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 2 teaspoons.
Assemble the meatloaf
- Measure out 3 tablespoons meatloaf glaze; set aside the rest for glazing.
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate and pat dry with a paper towel.
Bake the meatloaf
Remove the meatloaf from the oven, slather with the remaining meatloaf glaze, and cut into thick slices.
While the meatloaf bakes, prepare the broccoli.
Prep and roast the broccoli
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Set the timer for the meatloaf.
- Toss the broccoli with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Set the table.
- Serve the meal.
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 32g (64% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 42g (65% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 140mg (47% DV), Sodium: 1400mg (58% DV), Carbohydrates: 29g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: Tree nuts, soy, wheat, eggs.