In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Two-bean chili mac ’n’ cheese with penne
Family-Friendly, Vegetarian, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving
This easy skillet dinner is the ultimate mash-up of two comfort-food favorites. We combine the cheesy goodness of mac ’n’ cheese with the smoky flavors of vegetarian bean chili.
In your bag
- 5 ounces penne
- ½ cup cooked white beans
- ½ cup cooked kidney beans
- ½ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- Sun Basket chili spice blend (chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet smoked paprika - granulated garlic)
- ½ cup crushed fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 organic lime
- ¼ cup organic Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup grated cheddar
- 3 organic scallions
Calories: 610, Protein: 27g (54% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 40mg (13% DV), Sodium: 580mg (24% DV), Carbohydrates: 78g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the penne
While the water heats and the penne cooks, prepare the chili.
Cook the chili
- Rinse the white beans and kidney beans.
While the chili cooks, prepare the lime yogurt.
Make the lime yogurt
- Zest the lime and juice half, keeping the zest and juice separate; save the remaining half for another use. [Zest both limes and juice ½ lime; save the remaining 1½ limes for another use.]
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the mac ’n’ cheese
- Set aside ¼ cup [½ cup] cheddar for garnish.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal for garnish.
- Time the penne.
- Rinse the beans.
- Juice the lime.
- Stir the lime yogurt.
- Garnish the dish.