In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Warm bok choy and cabbage Caesar with panko-Parmesan crumble
Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Vegetarian, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 490 Calories/Serving
Made with seared bok choy, red cabbage, and scallions, then tossed with crisp apple and our house-made dressing, this twist on Caesar salad is an adventure in every bite.
In your bag
- 3 heads organic baby bok choy
- 3 organic scallions
- 3 ounces organic shredded red or other cabbage
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- ¼ cup panko
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 organic Fuji or other apple
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sunbasket Caesar dressing (paleo mayo - Parmesan - sherry vinegar - Dijon mustard - garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
Calories 490, Total Fat 33g (42% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 40mg (13% DV), Sodium 740mg (32% DV), Total Carb. 34g (12% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 16g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 17g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts (almond), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the bok choy and cabbage
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise. Cut off the green tops and coarsely chop; set aside for finishing the salad. Set aside the bottom parts for cooking.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions on the diagonal into 2-inch pieces, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for finishing the salad and the white parts for cooking.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add the bottom parts of the bok choy, cut sides down, and cook without turning until lightly browned and just tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board to cool slightly, then coarsely chop. Wipe out the pan.
In the same pan over medium-high heat, add the cabbage and white parts of the scallions and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan.
Toast the almonds
In the same pan used for the vegetables, over medium heat, toast the almonds, stirring often, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool. Wipe out the pan.
Make the panko-Parmesan crumble
- In a small bowl, stir together the panko, Parmesan, and 1 to 2 tablespoons oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
In the same pan used for the almonds, over medium heat, add the panko-Parmesan mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
Prep the remaining ingredients; make the salad
- Core and thinly slice the apple.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside for garnish.
In a large bowl, toss together the cooked bok choy and chopped green tops, cooked cabbage and scallions, green parts of the scallions, almonds, apple, and as much Caesar dressing as you like (set aside any remaining dressing for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the salad to individual plates or bowls. Sprinkle with the panko-Parmesan crumble and as much cilantro as you like. Serve any remaining dressing on the side.
- Separate the white and green parts of the scallions.
- Stir the panko, Parmesan, and oil.
- Time the cooking.
- Assemble the salad.
- Sprinkle the panko-Parmesan crumble and cilantro.