We're Taking This Cottage Cheese Dip to All the Parties
We still love you, yogurt, but we're seeing someone new.
It was Richard Nixon's last meal in the White House, but we can't hold that against it forever. It's time to welcome cottage cheese back to the table. Those bouncy curds offer a fresh alternative to yogurt, and some brands, like our favorite, Good Culture, even have gut-glorifying probiotic cultures. Here, our Sun Basket Executive Pastry and R&D Chef Paul Conte spikes a tub of cottage cheese with horseradish, chopped radishes, and dill to make a zippy dip that loves to party.
Cottage Cheese Dip with Crudités Recipe
2 organic red radishes
2 sprigs organic fresh dill
1 organic lemon
2 cups organic cottage cheese
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 or 2 organic carrots
4 organic breakfast radishes
4 organic celery ribs
1 organic Persian cucumber
6 to 8 organic sugar snap peas
1 organic red or orange bell pepper
Fine-toothed grater, peeler, optional, medium bowl
1. Make the cottage cheese dip
- Trim the ends from the red radishes; finely chop the radishes.
- Finely chop the dill; divide into two equal portions and set aside half for garnish.
- Zest and juice the lemon.
In a medium bowl, combine the cottage cheese, horseradish, chopped radishes, half the dill, 1 teaspoon each of the lemon zest and juice, 1 teaspoon olive oil, and half the cayenne. Stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate while you prepare the cruditếs.
2. Prep the cruditếs
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends, cut lengthwise into quarters, then cut crosswise into 2-inch-long sticks.
- Trim the stem ends from the breakfast radishes, leaving some stem intact; cut lengthwise into quarters.
- Trim most of the leaves from the celery stalks, leaving some intact; cut crosswise on the diagonal into 2-inch-long sticks.
- Trim the ends from the cucumber; cut crosswise on the diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces.
- Trim the stem end from the snap peas.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; lengthwise into ½-inch-thick strips.
Transfer the cottage cheese dip to a serving bowl. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil and sprinkle with the remaining dill and cayenne. Arrange the vegetables in groups on a serving platter and serve with the dip.
Bonus recipe—ingredients not included in box.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 90, Protein: 9g (18% DV), Fiber: 0g (0% DV), Total Fat: 5g (8% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 10mg (3% DV), Sodium: 310mg (13% DV), Carbohydrates: 4g (1% DV), Total Sugars: 3g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.