How to Fry an Egg
The Sun Basket test kitchen's eggcellent technique for frying eggs
- Strain eggs to remove loose whites; place the individual eggs into small bowls or mugs.
- Heat oil in a cast iron or non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Gently pour the eggs into the hot pan, leaving space between them.
- While the eggs cook, season them with salt and pepper.
- For runny yolks, cook the eggs for 2 to 3 minutes. If you prefer firmer yolks, cook the eggs for 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Remove the eggs from the pan when the whites are set and the yolks are to your liking and serve.
Perfect your egg-frying skills this week with our Chipotle Chilaquiles with Black Beans and Fried Eggs.