Light up your 4th of July with these Crepe Paper Sparklers
Striped straws in red, white, silver, and blue fringed with cut-up streamers make safe, hand-held fireworks.
Assorted straws in red, white, silver, and blue
Crepe or tissue paper in red, white, and blue
Glue (optional: glue gun - make sure to have an adult help you with this)
1. Cut 4 vertical slits into one end of each straw so that it opens slightly, like a flower.
2. Cut two pieces of crepe paper about 6-inches long. Place one piece over the other and fold in half, lengthwise, so that the whole piece is 3 inches long.
3. Using the scissors and starting at the ‘open end’, snip the crepe paper into a fringe, stopping about ½” from the bottom edge.
4. Twist the bottom of the crepe paper into a point and set aside
5. Insert a glob of glue into the cut end of the straw and insert the pointed end of the crepe paper into the glue to make the fringe. Let dry. Repeat until you have an assortment of sparklers.
Bite Size Workout
Bite-Size Workout—Yoga with Carrie Brackin
Making a commitment to a better life means embracing fitness as well as healthy eating. Sun Basket can help with both. Sign up now for our new Lean & Clean meal plan and enjoy our new Bite-Size Workouts videos. Each week top fitness instructors demonstrate a few simple moves to get us on the road to a more balanced life.Read more