Spring Forward Sweepstakes Official Rules
No Purchase Necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
No Purchase Necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
1. ELIGIBILITY. Spring Forward Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to lawful U.S. residents living in Sun Basket’s delivery areas (click here to determine whether you are in a Sun Basket delivery area), and are 18 years of age or older at the start of the Sweepstakes (“Entrants”). The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Sun Basket, Inc., 5215 Hellyer Ave, Suite 250, San Jose, CA 95138 ("Sponsor"). Employees of Sponsor, its parents and subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and all other entities participating in the design, promotion, marketing, advertising, administration or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes and their immediate families are ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions, and wherever else restricted or prohibited by law.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 p.m. (i.e. 12:00 noon) Pacific Daylight Time/Pacific Standard Time (“California Time”) on March 21, 2018 and ends at 11:59 a.m. California Time on May 2, 2018 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER. Online entries only.
There are two ways to enter.
Automatic entry with purchase: during the Sweepstakes Period, any week you make a Sun Basket meal delivery subscription purchase, you will be automatically given one entry to win a prize. Gift purchases are not a subscription purchase.
Entry without purchase: To enter without making a purchase, qualified Entrants must:
1) follow Sun Basket on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/sunbasket/;
· On Sun Basket’s Instagram page - “like” a qualified Sun Basket photo from this Sweepstakes period (qualified photos will be tagged with #springforward);
· On Sun Basket’s Instagram page - tag at least one (1) friend on the “liked” photo.
2) use the “refer-a-friend” feature https://sunbasket.com/refer-a-friend, resulting in a referred friend becoming a new subscriber of Sun Basket during the Sweepstakes Period.
All entries, regardless of method of entry, must be received no later than 11:59 a.m. California Time on May 2, 2018, according to the computer time on Sponsor’s server. None of the Sweepstakes entities are responsible for late entries. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the authorized account holder of the email account used to register with Sponsor.
4. ODDS. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF SELECTED ENTRANTS. Each Sweepstakes Entry will be entered into a random drawing by a representative of Sponsor from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The drawing will be held on or about May 7, 2018 (“Drawing Date”) to determine forty (40) potential winners (“Selected Entrants”). The Selected Entrants will be notified through the email address or Instagram handle used to enter the Sweepstakes within forty-eight (48) hours of Drawing Date (“Notification”). The Selected Entrants will be required to respond (as directed) within ten (10) business days of attempted Notification. A Selected Entrant’s failure to respond timely to the Notification may result in forfeiture of the Prize, and in such case, Sponsor may randomly select an alternate Selected Entrant from among the remaining eligible entries, up to two (2) times. A Selected Entrant may be sent a declaration of eligibility / liability / publicity release (“Release”). Except where prohibited by law, the Release will state that Selected Entrant agrees to allow Sponsor to use (without additional compensation) his or her name, address, photograph, testimonial, likeness and/or biographical information for purposes of advertising and promotion (including, without limitation, posting on Sponsor’s website(s) and affiliated website(s)). Selected Entrant may also be required to provide name, U.S. Social Security Number (for tax form purposes), birth date, current address, and phone number. Unless restricted by law, Selected Entrant will be required to complete and return the Release within the time period specified therein. The Prize may be forfeited, and in such case, an alternate Selected Entrant may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if the Selected Entrant: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) does not respond to the Notification in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; (iii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iv) cannot accept or receive the Prize for any reason. Sponsor shall not be responsible for lost, destroyed, misdirected, or incomplete Releases. Non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Selected Entrant. Sponsor may not make multiple attempts to contact any Selected Entrant.
6. PRIZE. If eligible under these Rules, forty (40) Selected Entrants will each be awarded one (1) prize. The prize is:
· FitBit Alta wearable fitness tracker
Approximate Retail Value of prize (“ARV”): $129.95
7. PRIZE CONDITIONS. Winner will receive the Prize via mail or other delivery carrier. Sponsor not responsible for lost, stolen or misdirected packages. No substitution, transfer or cash redemption of prize permitted, provided however that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Selected Entrant cannot assign or transfer their prize to another person or business. All activities related to the prize are at the Selected Entrant’s own risk, as defined below, and subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the entities that govern such activities. If prize notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, or if Selected Entrant may not accept or receive a prize for any reason, prize will be forfeited.
All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of each Selected Entrant and Selected Entrant may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize. Except where prohibited by law, each Selected Entrant's entry and acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use said Selected Entrant’s photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, name and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with these Sweepstakes on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States. By participating, Selected Entrant agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions and waives any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Selected Entrant also agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, and its officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys' fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (i) use, redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, or misuse of any prize, (ii) participation in any activity, event, or excursion offered in connection with the prize, (iii) use of any facility, service and/or accommodation related to the prize, or (iv) participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or violating these Official Rules, and reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner(s) in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. Sponsor shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, void, corrupted, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible Entries, communications or declarations, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical malfunctions, bugs, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors Sweepstakes Entrants may encounter when submitting their entry; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Sweepstakes. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
8. DISPUTES. Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. By entering, Entrant consents to jurisdiction in the federal and state courts of San Francisco, California for the resolution of any and all disputes.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS. By participating, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Any portion of the Sweepstakes may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in Sponsor’s opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond our control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. You may not enter with multiple identities or use any automated system, bot or other device or artifice to enter. Unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded.
11. WINNER’S LIST AND SWEEPSTAKES RULES. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit https://sunbasket.com/stories/spring-forward-sweepstakes-official-rules. To obtain the name(s) of the winner(s) in the Sweepstakes, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to Spring Forward, c/o Sun Basket Marketing, 5215 Hellyer Ave, Suite 250, San Jose, CA 95138 after the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Both list and rules will be available for ninety (90) days after the end of the Sweepstakes. Please allow two (2) weeks to post winner(s).
© 2018 Sun Basket, Inc. All rights reserved.