Salmon with spring vegetables and piquillo-almond salsa
Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Low Calorie
25 - 35 Minutes
Spring is in full bloom here at Sun Basket, so we’re sending you this salmon dish loaded with peak-season vegetables. We’ve amped up the flavor with a bright salsa and a mint-cilantro chutney, brought to life by fresh ginger and the Indian spice blend garam masala. Since snap peas are technically a legume, strict paleo followers might want to omit them, but we love their color and crunch.
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 Persian cucumber
- 1 ounce roasted piquillo peppers
- 1 lime
- Sun Basket mint-cilantro chutney base (mint - cilantro - olive oil - ginger - garlic - garam masala - salt)
- 1 or 2 carrots
- 3 ounces sugar snap peas
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- Two 6-ounce skin-on wild Yukon River salmon fillets
Toast the almonds
On a sheet pan, spread the almonds in an even layer. Toast in the oven until lightly browned and fragrant, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
While the almonds toast, prepare the chutney.
Make the salsa and mint-cilantro chutney
- Trim the ends from the cucumber; cut the cucumber lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices, then crosswise into ¼-inch pieces. Set aside for the salsa. Scrape off any seeds from the roasted piquillo peppers; finely chop the peppers.
- Juice the lime (the juice will be divided between the salsa and the chutney).
In a small bowl, stir together the remaining lime juice and the mint-cilantro chutney base.
Cook the carrots and snap peas
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim off the tops; cut the carrots on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
Cook the salmon
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
Chef’s Tip If you prefer to have all of your ingredients at the ready before cooking, feel free to complete the blue prep steps before toasting the almonds.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 580, Protein: 19g, Total Fat: 46g, Monounsaturated Fat: 34g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 30mg, Carbohydrates: 20g, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g, Sodium: 730mg
Contains: fish, tree nuts.