In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Impossible Burger with avocado, watercress, and cashew-beet spread
Dairy-Free, Vegan, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 930 Calories/Serving
Impossible Burger looks, cooks, and tastes like meat—but get this, it’s made from plants. For an impossibly delicious meal, stack the juicy patties with creamy avocado, crisp watercress, and our velvety cashew-beet spread.
In your bag
- 12 ounces plant-based Impossible Burger
- 6 ounces organic green beans
- Your choice of protein
- 1 organic avocado
- 1 bunch organic watercress
- 1 organic lemon
- Sunbasket lemon-tahini dressing base (lemon juice - tahini - garlic - orange juice - Marash chile flakes)
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- Sunbasket cashew-beet spread (cashews - lemon juice - extra virgin olive oil - water - dried plums - beet powder - garlic - apple cider vinegar - kosher salt)
Calories 930, Total Fat 43g (55% DV), Sat. Fat 15g (75% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 1360mg (59% DV), Total Carb. 93g (34% DV), Fiber 13g (46% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 2g Added Sugars, 4% DV), Protein 47g
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the green beans
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed.
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil and fill a large bowl with ice water. Add the beans to the boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain the beans and transfer to the ice water to cool; drain and pat the beans dry. While the water is heating and the beans are cooking, prepare the patties.
Prep and cook the patties
- Cut a small corner from your protein packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Using wet hands, form your protein into two [four] ½-inch-thick patties. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the patties and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked to the desired doneness, 2 to 4 minutes per side for plant-based Impossible Burger, beef, or lamb and until cooked through for turkey, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan. While the patties are cooking, prepare the toppings and finish the lemony green beans.
Prep the toppings; assemble the lemony green beans
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices. Season lightly with salt. Set aside for serving.
- Trim the root ends and any coarse stems from the watercress; coarsely chop the watercress. Set aside for serving.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate.
In a medium bowl, stir together the lemon-tahini dressing base and 1 to 2 tablespoons oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the green beans, 2 teaspoons [1 TBL] lemon zest, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toast the ciabatta; assemble the burgers
- Cut the ciabatta in half horizontally.
In the same pan used for the burgers, place the ciabatta, cut sides down, and cook over medium-high heat until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer, cut sides up, to a work surface.
Spread the ciabatta tops with the cashew-beet spread. Top each ciabatta bottom with a burger, avocado, and watercress. Close with the ciabatta tops.
Transfer the burgers and lemony green beans to individual plates and serve.
- Fill a bowl with ice water.
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Juice the lemon.
- Assemble the lemony green beans.
- Help assemble the burgers.