Almond-crusted pork with sautéed mustard greens and pears
Paleo, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Dairy Free
30 – 40 Minutes
We love the sweet-tangy combination of honey mustard with pork. For this easy feast, we custom-made the honey mustard. Then we created a side dish to match, cooking peppery mustard greens with honey-sweet pears.
- Two 6-ounce boneless pork loins
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- Pork seasoning blend (granulated garlic - sweet smoked paprika)
- Sun Basket honey mustard (honey - whole grain mustard - coconut vinegar - coconut aminos)
- 1 d’Anjou pear
- ¾ pound mustard greens
- 1 lemon
Prep the pork
- Pat the pork loins dry with a paper towel and season lightly with salt and pepper.
Cook the pork
- Line a sheet pan with a roasting rack.
Transfer the pork to the prepared sheet pan. Roast in the oven until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. While the pork roasts, prepare the honey mustard and the greens and pears.
Prep the honey mustard; cook the mustard greens and pears
- In a small bowl, season the honey mustard to taste with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Cut the pear in half, remove the core, and cut the fruit into ¼-inch wedges.
- Remove any coarse stems from the mustard green leaves; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Zest the lemon, then cut the lemon into wedges.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 700, Protein: 40 g, Total Fat: 43 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 21.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5.5 g, Saturated Fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 170 mg, Carbohydrates: 40 g, Fiber: 11 g, Added Sugar (Honey): 8 g, Sodium: 760 mg
Contains: eggs, tree nuts