In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Almond-crusted sole with broccoli and preserved lemon
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
Every week our staff nutritionist, Kaley Todd, picks her favorite of the week’s recipes. She looks for a balance of great flavor and good-for-you ingredients. She found just that in our lighter take on the French classic sole amandine. We give the delicate fish a light dusting of heart-healthy almond meal instead of plain white flour, then serve it with more almonds ground up in our customer- favorite romesco. Broccoli florets (tossed with sliced almonds) bring a hearty dose of immunity-boosting nutrients, including folate, vitamin C, and vitamin K.
In your bag
- ¾ pound broccoli
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Two 5-ounce sole fillets
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- Preserved lemon
- 1 lemon
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sun Basket romesco (roasted red peppers - almonds - fresh garlic - olive oil - sherry vinegar - sweet smoked paprika - salt)
Calories: 510, Protein: 31 g, Fiber: 10 g, Total Fat: 37 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 17 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5 g, Saturated Fat: 4.5 g, Cholesterol: 135 mg, Sodium: 910 mg, Carbohydrates: 21 g, Added Sugar: 0 g.
Contains: Eggs, Fish, Tree Nuts
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the broccoli
- Trim the end from the broccoli; cut the broccoli lengthwise into ½-inch-thick spears.
Prep the sole
- Pat the sole dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
- Crack the egg into a shallow bowl. With a whisk or fork, lightly beat until just blended.
- In another shallow bowl or plate, spread the almond meal in an even layer; season with salt and pepper.
Cook the sole
While the sole cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the garnishes; finish the broccoli
- Remove any pulp from the preserved lemon; finely chop the peel.
- Cut the lemon into wedges; set aside for garnish.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside for garnish.