In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Almond-crusted sustainably raised rainbow trout with chermoula
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 850 Calories/Serving
Sun Basket puts a paleo and gluten-free spin on a French classic by swapping in almond meal for flour, which adds an extra touch of flavor plus healthy protein and fat.
In your bag
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 ounce pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 ounce pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 sustainably raised rainbow trout fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 1 organic egg
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Sun Basket green chermoula (EVOO - fresh parsley - fresh lime juice - fresh cilantro - coriander - cumin - kosher salt)
Calories: 850, Protein: 53g (106% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 64g (98% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 54g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 160mg (53% DV), Sodium: 600mg (25% DV), Carbohydrates: 16g (5% DV), Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugar: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the cucumber-olive salad
- Peel the cucumber, if desired. Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Coarsely chop the Kalamata and Castelvetrano olives.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. Set aside the juice for the chermoula. [Zest and juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon.]
Prep the trout
- Pat the trout dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, season the almond meal with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
- Crack the egg into another shallow bowl; season with salt and pepper. With a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended.
- On another plate or shallow bowl, spread the sliced almonds in an even layer.
Cook the trout
While the trout cooks, finish the chermoula.
Finish the chermoula
- Juice the lemon.
- Stir the salad.
- Spread the almond meal and sliced almonds.
- Finish the chermoula.
- Drizzle the chermoula.