In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Almond-crusted sustainably raised rainbow trout with chermoula
Paleo, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 850 Calories/Serving
Sun Basket puts a paleo and gluten-free spin on a French classic by swapping in almond meal for flour, which adds an extra touch of flavor plus healthy protein and fat.
In your bag
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 ounce pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 ounce pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 sustainably raised rainbow trout fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 1 organic egg
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Sun Basket green chermoula (EVOO - fresh parsley - fresh lime juice - fresh cilantro - coriander - cumin - kosher salt)
When zesting citrus, try to remove only the outermost colored portion of the rind, or zest, and as little of the white pith beneath as possible. The zest holds all the fragrant essential oils, while the pith tastes bitter.
Calories: 850, Protein: 53g (106% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 64g (98% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 54g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 160mg (53% DV), Sodium: 600mg (25% DV), Carbohydrates: 16g (5% DV), Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugar: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the cucumber-olive salad
- Peel the cucumber, if desired. Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Coarsely chop the Kalamata and Castelvetrano olives.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. Set aside the juice for the chermoula. [Zest and juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon.]
Prep the trout
- Pat the trout dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, season the almond meal with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
- Crack the egg into another shallow bowl; season with salt and pepper. With a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended.
- On another plate or shallow bowl, spread the sliced almonds in an even layer.
Cook the trout
While the trout cooks, finish the chermoula.
Finish the chermoula
- Juice the lemon.
- Stir the salad.
- Spread the almond meal and sliced almonds.
- Finish the chermoula.
- Drizzle the chermoula.