In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
American chop suey with ground beef and whole wheat farfalle
2 Servings, 710 Calories/Serving
A beloved comfort food in New England, American chop suey is another name for pasta with tomatoey meat sauce and bell pepper.
In your bag
- 5 ounces whole wheat farfalle
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic green or other bell pepper
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sunbasket garlic-herb blend (granulated garlic - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- Sunbasket tomato base (tomatoes - tomato paste - garlic)
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Calories: 710, Protein: 38g (76% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 28g (43% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 85mg (28% DV), Sodium: 670mg (28% DV), Carbohydrates: 79g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the farfalle
While the water heats and the farfalle cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ½-inch pieces.
- Cut a small corner from the ground beef packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Cook the chop suey
Add the tomato base, parsley, farfalle, and reserved pasta cooking water, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened slightly and the beef is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in half the Worcestershire sauce, adding more to taste, if desired.
- Time the farfalle.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish with the Parmesan.