In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
“Ants climbing a tree,” a Sichuan glass–noodle stir-fry
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Don’t let the name fool you. “Ants climbing a tree” is a mouthwatering Sichuan dish consisting of chewy glass noodles, ground chicken, and a flavorful black bean sauce.
In your bag
- 5 ounces glass (mung bean) noodles
- 10 ounces ground chicken
- 3 organic scallions
- Sunbasket fermented black bean sauce base (fermented black beans - canola oil - garlic - ginger - gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - japones chiles - brown sugar)
- ¼ ounce whole dried chiles (optional)
- Sunbasket stir-fry blend (gluten-free tamari - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ pound organic shredded carrots
- ¼ pound organic shredded green or other cabbage
Calories 600, Total Fat 21g (27% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 90mg (30% DV), Sodium 1240mg (54% DV), Total Carb. 76g (28% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 4g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 28g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Soak the glass noodles
While the noodles soak, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Cut a small corner from the ground chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
Cook the chicken and sauce; finish the noodles
Add the stir-fry blend, chicken broth, noodles, and 1 cup [2 cups] water and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the noodles are tender, 2 to 3 minutes, adding more water if the sauce is dry. Stir in the carrots and cabbage and cook until starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, discard the chiles, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Time the noodles while they soak.
- Separate the white and green parts of the scallions.
- Measure the water for the sauce.
- Garnish with the scallions.