In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Argentinian chicken with green rice and chimichurri
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
This paleo-friendly, gluten-free chicken dinner comes by way of Argentina with chimichurri and arroz verde, making an easy, impressive summer supper.
In your bag
- 1½ cups jasmine rice
- Chimichurri spice blend (cumin - sweet smoked paprika - granulated garlic)
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Fresh cilantro
- 2 limes
- 5 or 6 red radishes
- 10 ounces baby broccoli
- 2 poblanos (optional)
- 6 scallions
- Four 6-ounce boneless skin-on chicken breasts
Calories 410, Total Fat 26g (33% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 230mg (10% DV), Total Carb. 17g (6% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 3g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 28g
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- In a fine-mesh strainer, rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the chimichurri.
Make the chimichurri
- Set aside half the chimichurri spice blend for the chicken.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
- Finely chop the cilantro; set aside half for the rice.
- Zest the limes. Set aside half the zest for the rice.
- Juice the limes (the juice will be divided between the chimichurri and the rice).
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Trim the ends from the radishes; cut them in half or into quarters.
- Trim the ends from the baby broccoli.
- If using, cut the poblanos in half lengthwise; remove the stems, ribs, and seeds. Wash your hands after handling.
In a large grill pan or frying pan over high heat, add the vegetables and cook until lightly browned and just tender, 2 to 4 minutes per side; the scallions may cook more quickly. Transfer the vegetables to a plate as they finish cooking; wipe out the pan. When cool enough to handle, coarsely chop the poblanos.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt, pepper, and the remaining chimichurri spice blend.
While the chicken cooks, finish the rice.
Season the rice
- Rinse the rice.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Juice the limes.
- Spoon on the chimichurri and help serve.
- Sweep the floor.