In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Artichoke and fresh mozzarella pizza with radicchio-hazelnut salad
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
When you remove the red sauce from pizza, the other ingredients shine. In this white pie, savory mozzarella, briny artichokes, and smoky peppers take all the glory.
In your bag
- 1 head organic baby radicchio
- 1 organic red onion
- ¼ pound fresh mozzarella
- ½ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 ounce roasted red peppers
- 1 Atoria’s Family Bakery large naan flatbread
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted hazelnuts
- Sunbasket maple-balsamic vinaigrette (maple syrup - extra virgin olive oil - balsamic vinegar - sherry vinegar - cinnamon)
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
Calories 620, Total Fat 34g (44% DV), Sat. Fat 10g (50% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 40mg (13% DV), Sodium 710mg (31% DV), Total Carb. 59g (21% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 6g Added Sugars, 12% DV), Protein 21g
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (hazelnut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the radicchio and onion
Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Fill a medium bowl with ice water. Cut the radicchio into quarters lengthwise, then cut away any core; thinly slice the radicchio. Submerge the radicchio in the ice water while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups]. Set aside ¼ cup [½ cup] for the salad.
In a medium frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add ¾ cup [1½ cups] onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan. While the onion is cooking, prepare the remaining pizza toppings.
Prep the remaining pizza toppings
- Tear or cut the mozzarella into ½-inch pieces; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Coarsely chop the artichokes; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Coarsely chop any large roasted red pepper pieces; pat dry with a paper towel.
Assemble and bake the pizza
On a sheet pan, place the flatbread and brush the top lightly with oil. Spread the mozzarella, artichokes, roasted red peppers, and cooked onion evenly over the flatbread, leaving a ½-inch border around the edges. Season with salt and pepper.
Bake, rotating the sheet pan halfway through, until the flatbread is crisp and the mozzarella is melted, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into quarters. Meanwhile, prepare the salad.
Make the radicchio-hazelnut salad
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the hazelnuts.
- Remove the radicchio from the ice water and thoroughly dry with a paper or kitchen towel. Wipe out the bowl and return the radicchio to the bowl.
In the dry pan used for the onion, toast the hazelnuts over medium heat, stirring often, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the radicchio. Add the remaining sliced onion and maple-balsamic vinaigrette and toss to combine; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the pizza to individual plates. Serve the salad on the side or top the pizza with the salad. Sprinkle the pizza and salad with as many chile flakes as you like and serve.
- Fill a bowl with ice water; submerge the radicchio.
- Measure the onion.
- Tear the mozzarella and pat dry.
- Crush the hazelnuts.
- Dry the radicchio.