Asian rice noodle bowls with soft-cooked eggs and sesame dressing
Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
20 – 30 Minutes
Vegetarian and gluten-free, these light yet satisfying bowls are packed with crisp fresh vegetables, and the only things cooked are the noodles and the eggs.
- 5 ounces flat rice noodles
- 1 romaine heart
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 ounces sugar snap peas
- 3 scallions
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 1 lime
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- Sesame dressing base (sesame oil - rice vinegar - coconut aminos)
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek (optional)
- ½ cup shredded carrots
To get dinner on the table even faster, in Step 1, bring 2 small pots of water to a boil instead of 1 pot, and soak the noodles and cook the eggs at the same time rather than one after the other. If you’re looking for an easier way to peel the eggs, use a serrated knife to cut the cooked eggs in half (shell and all!) and scoop out each half with a spoon.
Make It Leaner
Eat only half the noodles and you’ll slash 130 calories per serving. To save an additional 65 calories and 7 grams of fat, use just 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette and reserve the remaining 2 tablespoons to dress the leftover noodles for the next day’s lunch.
Soak the rice noodles
- Set the rice noodles in a large heatproof bowl.
While the noodles soak, prepare the salad ingredients and cook the eggs.
Prep the salad ingredients
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; thinly slice the romaine crosswise.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; thinly slice the pepper.
- Thinly slice the sugar snap peas on the diagonal.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions for garnish.
Cook the eggs
While the eggs cook, prepare the sesame dressing.
Make the sesame dressing
- Juice the lime.
- Finely chop the cilantro.
Assemble the salad
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
Protein: 13g (26% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 155mg (52% DV), Sodium: 590mg (25% DV), Carbohydrates: 76g (25% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).