In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Asian rice noodle bowls with sesame dressing and soft-cooked eggs
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 490 Calories/Serving
Bowl full of noodles or bowl full of nutrients? Let’s do both. This Asian-inspired dish is packed with fresh vegetables and soft-cooked eggs for heaps of vitamins, fiber, and protein.
In your bag
- 5 ounces flat rice noodles
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sunbasket sesame dressing base (coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - toasted sesame oil)
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek (optional)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ pound roasted red peppers
- 3 ounces organic sugar snap or snow peas
- ½ cup shelled edamame
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
Calories 490, Total Fat 11g (14% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 155mg (52% DV), Sodium 340mg (15% DV), Total Carb. 78g (28% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 3g Added Sugars, 6% DV), Protein 18g
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts (coconut), Soybeans, Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice noodles
Bring a medium sauce pot of water to a boil. Add the rice noodles and cook until just tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, transfer the noodles to a colander and rinse with cold water. Keep the water boiling for the eggs. Meanwhile, prepare the sesame dressing.
Make the sesame dressing
- Juice half the lime; cut the remaining half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lime; cut the remaining lime into wedges.]
- Finely chop the cilantro.
In a large bowl, stir together the sesame dressing base, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lime juice, cilantro, and as much sambal oelek as you like. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cook the eggs
Fill a small bowl with ice water. Carefully lower the eggs into the boiling water used for the rice noodles and cook for exactly 6 minutes for soft-cooked (for firmer yolks, cook 1 to 3 minutes longer). Transfer the eggs to the ice water to cool. Carefully peel the eggs. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; assemble the salad
- Thinly slice the roasted red peppers.
- Trim the stem ends from the snap or snow peas if needed; thinly slice the pods on the diagonal.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
To the bowl with the sesame dressing, add the noodles, roasted red peppers, snap or snow peas, edamame, and carrots and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the noodle salad to individual bowls, top each with an egg, and serve with the lime wedges.
- Time the noodles.
- Juice the lime.
- Fill a small bowl with ice water.
- Time the eggs.
- Peel the eggs.