In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Autumnal turkey soup with delicata squash, kale, and Urfa chile oil
Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Paleo
2 Servings, 390 Calories/Serving
With lean protein and an earthy combo of vegetables, this quick and easy soup is perfect for a chilly fall night, with a touch of heat, if that’s what you like.
The Heart-Check Certification indicates the recipe meets the American Heart Association®’s nutrition requirements. To remain at or under the maximum 600mg sodium per serving, use no more than ½ teaspoon salt to season this recipe. We also recommend using the lower amounts of oil suggested for preparation.
In your bag
- ¾ pound organic delicata squash
- ¼ pound organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Urfa chile flakes
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket herb blend (granulated garlic - onion powder - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- ½ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 3 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
Calories 390, Total Fat 16g (25% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 100mg (33% DV), Sodium 135mg (6% DV), Total Carb. 33g (11% DV), Fiber 7g (28% DV), Total Sugars 4g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 34g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the ingredients
- Trim the ends from the delicata squash. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon, then cut each half crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- Strip the sage leaves from the stems and finely chop enough leaves to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp]. Save any remaining sage for another use.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sherry vinegar, Urfa chile, and 1½ teaspoons [1 TBL] oil. Let stand while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the soup
Add 3 cups [5 cups] water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a vigorous simmer, add the kale, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the turkey is cooked through, the vegetables are tender, and the kale is just wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt, if desired, and pepper.
- Scoop out the squash seeds.
- Strip the sage leaves.
- Measure the water for the soup.