In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Avgolemono chicken soup with lemon, egg, and cauliflower “rice”
Paleo, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 520 Calories/Serving
Avgolemono, an egg-lemon soup, is traditionally served on Christmas Eve in Greece, but this delicious, easy-to-make dish is delicious all year long.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 10 ounces organic cauliflower “rice”
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh dill
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 organic eggs
Calories: 520, Protein: 48g (96% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 18g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 280mg (93% DV), Sodium: 180mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 16g (5% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the chicken
While the chicken cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Cook the cauliflower “rice”
- Peel and thinly slice enough shallots to measure ⅓ cup [⅔ cup].
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
While the cauliflower cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Coarsely chop enough dill to measure 1 tablespoon [2 TBL]. Save any remaining dill for another use.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate.
- Crack the eggs into a medium heatproof bowl and season with salt and pepper. With a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended.
Finish the soup
- Time the chicken.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the shallots and garlic.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Measure the dill.