In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Avgolemono soup with orzo, butter beans, and fresh dill
Soy-Free, Family-Friendly, Vegetarian, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
Our vegetarian version of Greek avgolemono soup—a beloved bright, creamy chicken soup—is loaded with butter beans, broccoli leaves, and eggs for a heartwarming meal.
In your bag
- 5 ounces orzo
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 bunch organic broccoli leaves (about 6 ounces)
- 1 cup cooked butter beans
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh dill
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 organic eggs
Calories: 630, Protein: 22g (44% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 26g (40% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 155mg (52% DV), Sodium: 350mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 77g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the orzo
Set a fine-mesh strainer over another large sauce pot. Drain the orzo, reserving the cooking water in the second pot; set the orzo aside. Add the vegetable broth to the reserved cooking water and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm.
While the water heats and the orzo cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Peel and coarsely chop the shallots.
- Remove any coarse stems from the broccoli leaves; coarsely chop the leaves.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Rinse the butter beans.
- Coarsely chop enough dill to measure 1 tablespoon [2 TBL]. Save any remaining dill for another use.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate.
- Crack the eggs into a medium heatproof bowl and season with salt and pepper. Using a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended.
Finish the soup
- Measure the water for the orzo.
- Time the orzo.
- Rinse the beans.
- Juice the lemon.
- Drizzle the soup with oil.