Bacon, avocado and little gem salad
Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
Here are all the elements of a classic BLT in a paleo-friendly salad. Compact heads of little gem resemble romaine with crisp leaves that are sturdy enough to stand up to all the bold flavors here including charred scallions and a heavenly mustard vinaigrette.
- 6 strips bacon
- 6 ounces little gem lettuce
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes
- Small bunch scallions
- 1 avocado
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain dijon mustard
- Small bunch parsley
Sauté bacon, prep
While the bacon cooks:
- Trim roots of little gems, separate leaves, rinse, and dry.
- Rinse tomatoes and cut in half.
- Rinse scallions and remove the root ends.
- Cut the avocado into thick slices.
- Juice lemon.
While the scallions cook:
- Rinse and dry parsley and coarsely chop the leaves.
Toss salad, serve