In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Baharat chicken over wilted kale with tzatziki salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 380 Calories/Serving
Our chefs love to embrace the motto “maximum flavor with minimal ingredients.” And these juicy chicken thighs, infused with warm Middle Eastern spices, are a perfect example.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket baharat spice blend (sumac - sweet smoked paprika - baharat)
- 6 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 organic red onion
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- Sunbasket tzatziki base (paleo mayo - coconut milk - lemon juice - garlic - kosher salt - dried dill)
- ¼ pound organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
Calories 380, Total Fat 20g (26% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 145mg (48% DV), Sodium 300mg (13% DV), Total Carb. 20g (7% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 33g
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper and the baharat spice blend.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side for thighs, 4 to 6 minutes per side for breasts. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan. While the chicken is cooking, prepare the salad.
Make the tzatziki salad
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then crosswise into enough ¼-inch-thick half-moons to measure 1½ cups [3 cups].
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
- Thinly slice the garlic; set aside for the kale.
In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, and half the mint. Add the tzatziki base and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cook the kale
In the same pan used for the chicken, if dry, add 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Warm over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the kale and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] water and cook, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, until the kale is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the tzatziki salad and kale to individual plates. Top the kale with the chicken, garnish the salad with the remaining mint, and serve.
- Time the chicken and kale.
- Measure the cucumber and onion.
- Strip and tear the mint leaves.
- Assemble the salad.
- Garnish the salad with mint.