In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Baharat chicken over wilted kale with tzatziki-cucumber salad
Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, Family-Friendly, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 390 Calories/Serving
Our chefs love to embrace the motto, “maximum flavor with minimal ingredients.” And these juicy chicken thighs, infused with warm Middle Eastern spices, are a perfect example.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket baharat spice blend (sumac - sweet smoked paprika - baharat)
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- ¼ pound organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
- 6 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 organic red onion
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- Sunbasket tzatziki base (paleo mayo - coconut milk - lemon juice - garlic - kosher salt - dried dill)
Calories: 390, Protein: 35g (70% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 20g (31% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 145mg (48% DV), Sodium: 290mg (12% DV), Carbohydrates: 25g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper and the baharat spice blend.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side for thighs, 4 to 6 minutes per side for breasts. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan. While the chicken is cooking, prepare the garlic and start the salad.
Prep the garlic; cook the kale
- Thinly slice the garlic.
In the same pan used for the chicken, if dry, add 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Warm over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the kale and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] water and cook, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, until the kale is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Make the tzatziki-cucumber salad
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then crosswise into enough ¼-inch-thick half-moons to measure 1½ cups [3 cups].
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, and half the mint. Add the tzatziki base and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the tzatziki-cucumber salad and kale to individual plates. Top the kale with the chicken, garnish the salad with the remaining mint, and serve.
- Time the chicken and kale.
- Measure the cucumber and onion.
- Strip and tear the mint leaves.
- Assemble the salad.
- Garnish the salad with mint.