In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Baja fish taco bowls with green goddess slaw and tomato salsa
Keto-Friendly, Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Pescatarian, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 400 Calories/Serving
We’re digging this tortilla-less twist on Baja fish tacos—complete with fresh seafood, bright salsa, cool green goddess dressing, and our tasty blackening spice blend.
In your bag
- 1 wedge organic green or other cabbage (about 10 ounces)
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket green goddess dressing (paleo mayo - parsley - apple cider vinegar - scallions - anchovy paste - garlic - kosher salt)
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 or 2 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- Sunbasket Aleppo chile–lime vinaigrette base (lime juice - onion - Aleppo chile flakes)
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- Sunbasket blackening spice blend (ancho chile powder - sweet paprika - granulated garlic - cumin)
Calories 400, Total Fat 30g (38% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 800mg (35% DV), Total Carb. 18g (7% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 4g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 20g
Contains: Eggs, Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Make the green goddess slaw
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; very thinly slice the cabbage.
In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, carrots, and green goddess dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the garnishes; make the tomato salsa
- Cut away the core from the tomato; coarsely chop the tomato.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- Thinly slice the radishes; set aside for garnish.
In a small bowl, stir together the tomato, white parts of the scallions, Aleppo chile–lime vinaigrette base, and 1 to 2 tablespoons oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the seafood.
Prep and cook the seafood
For fish (sole and halibut):
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper and the blackening spice blend.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the fish, reduce the heat to medium, and cook, turning once, until the fish is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side for sole and 3 to 5 minutes per side for halibut.
- Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper and the blackening spice blend.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the shrimp and cook, turning once, until firm and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Rinse and drain the scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper and the blackening spice blend.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the scallops and cook without turning until golden brown on one side and starting to turn opaque, 2 to 4 minutes. Turn and continue cooking for about 30 seconds for translucent or 1 to 2 minutes for opaque.
Transfer the green goddess slaw and seafood to individual bowls. Top the seafood with the tomato salsa. Garnish with the radishes and green parts of the scallions and serve.
- Assemble the slaw.
- Time the seafood.
- Transfer the slaw to bowls.
- Garnish with the radishes and scallions.