In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Baja sole in parchment with avocado-citrus salsa
Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
Cooking foods in parchment paper packages is a foolproof way to bake delicate fish and seal in all the juices and flavor.
In your bag
- 1 wedge organic Savoy or other cabbage
- 1 organic red onion
- Fish options:
- 2 wild sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Sun Basket smoky spice blend (onion powder - granulated garlic - sweet smoked paprika)
- 2 sheets parchment paper
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 organic orange
- 1 organic avocado
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
Calories: 450, Protein: 30g (60% DV), Fiber: 16g (64% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 570mg (24% DV), Carbohydrates: 38g (13% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables and fish
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; coarsely chop the cabbage.
- Peel and thinly slice half the onion; coarsely chop the remaining onion for the salsa. [Peel and thinly slice 1 onion; peel and coarsely chop 1 onion.]
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper and rub all over with the smoky spice blend.
Assemble the parchment packets
Lay the parchment paper sheets side by side. Divide the cabbage, sliced onion, and fish between the sheets. Drizzle each with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Working with 1 sheet at a time, bring 2 opposite sides of the parchment to the center and fold them together several times to create a tight seam. Fold up each end to form a tight seal.
Bake the packets
While the packets bake, prepare the salsa.
Make the avocado-citrus salsa
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then crosswise into enough ½-inch-thick half-moons to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange; cut the fruit crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices. Discard any seeds.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ½-inch pieces.
- Zest and juice the lime. [Zest and juice 1 lime; save the remaining lime for another use.]
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Measure the cucumber.
- Peel the orange by hand.
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Juice the lime.
- Assemble the salsa.