In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Cheesy baked gluten-free penne and broccoli
Gluten-Free Friendly, Vegetarian, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
The flavorful quinoa pasta from Edison Grainery tastes as good or better than traditional wheat versions, and is packed with extra protein. Unlike wimpier wheat-free pastas, it’s sturdy enough to bake with our favorite vegetables, from broccoli to roasted peppers, loaded with plenty of mozzarella and provolone cheese.
In your bag
- ½ pound Edison Grainery gluten-free quinoa penne
- 1 yellow onion
- Peeled fresh garlic
- ½ pound broccoli florets
- ¼ pound roasted red peppers
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- Fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 6 ounces shredded Italian cheese blend (mozzarella - provolone)
- ¼ pound quartered cooked artichoke hearts (packed in vegetable oil; can contain soy)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 ounces baby spinach
Calories 620, Total Fat 30g (38% DV), Sat. Fat 9g (45% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 30mg (10% DV), Sodium 610mg (27% DV), Total Carb. 65g (24% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Protein 25g
Contains: Milk, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the penne
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the penne and cook until just tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and transfer to a medium baking dish.
While the water heats and the penne cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and coarsely chop the yellow onion.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 tablespoon.
- Cut the broccoli florets in half lengthwise; cut any large florets into quarters.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; coarsely chop the peppers.
- Rinse the white beans.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; tear the leaves.
Cook the vegetables
Assemble and bake the pasta
While the pasta bakes, prepare the salad.
Make the dressing and the salad
- Coarsely chop the artichoke hearts.
- Press the garlic.
- Rinse the white beans.
- Strip and tear the basil.
- Mix the pasta and vegetables and sprinkle on the cheese.
- Make the salad dressing and dress the salad.