In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Bali tofu burgers with sambal mayo and sweet potato fries
2 Servings, 550 Calories/Serving
These sweet and spicy vegetarian burgers draw on the tropical flavors of Southeast Asia, from the sesame-dressed slaw to the sambal oelek in the mayo.
In your bag
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 2 ounces roasted red peppers
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sun Basket sesame dressing (gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - toasted sesame oil)
- 2 Hodo organic tofu burgers
- 2 whole wheat buns
- Sun Basket sambal mayo (paleo mayo - sambal oelek) (optional)
Calories: 550, Protein: 29g (58% DV), Fiber: 18g (72% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g (8% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 1100mg (46% DV), Carbohydrates: 68g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 3g (6% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Roast the sweet potato fries
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
Toast the sesame seeds
Prep the peppers; make the carrot slaw
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; thinly slice the peppers. Set aside for the burgers.
Cook the burgers; toast the buns
In the same pan used for the burgers, place the buns, cut sides down, and cook over medium-high heat until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Alternatively, toast them in a toaster oven.
Assemble the burgers
- Toss the sweet potato with oil and seasonings.
- Assemble the carrot slaw.
- Top the burgers with peppers and slaw.