Balsamic chicken with heirloom beans and roasted onions
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
The mustard and balsamic vinegar glaze does double duty in this simple recipe as both a seasoning for the chicken and a dressing for the roasted onion and beans.
- Two “airline” chicken breasts
- Balsamic glaze (balsamic vinegar - whole grain mustard - honey)
- 1 red onion
- 10 ounces heirloom beans
- 3 ounces roasted red peppers
- Italian parsley
- Fresh basil
Cook the chicken
- Peel the onion and cut into ½-inch rounds.
Meanwhile, prepare the beans.
Cook the beans
While the beans cook:
- Cut the pepper into strips.
- Rinse and chop the herbs.
- Whisk 1 tablespoon oil into the remaining glaze.
Make the salad