In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Balsamic-glazed chicken breasts with green and yellow beans
Dairy-Free, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
In this simple recipe, chicken breasts roast on a bed of red onion slices in the oven while you sauté a mix of green beans and yellow wax beans on the stove. Chef Justine’s blend of balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard and honey does double duty as both a glaze for the chicken and a base for the dressing (for the warm side salad of string beans and roasted red onion slices). If you have a grill or grill pan, the chicken and onions can be grilled instead of roasted; if you're worried that the balsamic glaze might darken the chicken too quickly, brush it on the meat after it's cooked.
In your bag
- Two 6-ounce skin-on chicken breasts
- Balsamic glaze (balsamic vinegar - Dijon mustard - honey)
- 1 red onion
- 6 ounces green beans
- ¼ pound yellow wax beans
- 3 ounces roasted red peppers
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Fresh basil
Calories: 630, Protein: 41 g, Fiber: 7 g, Total Fat: 38 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 23 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5 g, Saturated Fat: 8 g, Cholesterol: 110 mg, Sodium: 690 mg, Carbohydrates: 29 g, Added Sugar: 5 g.
Wash produce before use
Cook the chicken
- Coat the chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon of the balsamic glaze and season with salt and pepper. Reserve the remaining balsamic glaze for the salad dressing.
- Peel the onion and cut into ½-inch-thick rounds.
Cook the beans
- Trim and remove the stem ends from the green and yellow wax beans.
Prep and assemble the salad
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk 1 tablespoon oil into the remaining balsamic glaze.
- Cut the peppers into ¼-inch-thick strips.
- Coarsely chop the parsley and basil leaves.