In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Bangers and mash, shallot gravy, and peas and spinach
Family-Friendly, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
We pair pork sausages and mashed potatoes, a British pub favorite, with a rich mushroom-shallot gravy and a side of peas.
In your bag
- 10 ounces organic red or gold new potatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each)
- 2 or 3 organic shallots
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 cup organic peas
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket mushroom gravy blend (arrowroot powder - porcini powder - onion powder - granulated garlic)
- 2 tablespoons fried shallots
Calories 620, Total Fat 30g (46% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 60mg (20% DV), Sodium 980mg (41% DV), Total Carb. 63g (21% DV), Fiber 10g (40% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 25g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the mashed potatoes
- Scrub or peel the potatoes. Cut the potatoes into quarters.
- Measure ¼ cup [½ cup] chicken broth; set aside the rest for the gravy.
While the potatoes cook, prepare the sausages.
Prep and cook the sausages
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork, if desired.
While the sausages cook, prepare the shallots, garlic, and lemon.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice enough shallots to measure ½ cup [1 cup]; measure 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] sliced shallots and finely chop for the peas. Set aside the remaining sliced shallots for the gravy.
- Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic. Divide into two equal portions, one for the the peas and one for the gravy.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. [Zest and juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon for another use.]
Working in batches if needed, stir in the spinach and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the spinach is just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a large bowl. Wipe out the pan.
Make the shallot gravy
- In a small bowl, using a fork or whisk, mix together the mushroom gravy blend and remaining chicken broth.
- Measure the chopped shallots.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Juice the lemon.
- Mix the gravy blend and chicken broth.
- Garnish with the fried shallots.