Banh mi chicken salad with quick pickles and sesame-miso dressing
We’ve taken the liberty of recasting the traditional components of banh mi, the classic Vietnamese sandwich, in salad form. The pickle in this healthy main course includes vitamin-packed cucumber and carrot, while the salad dressing is made with probiotic-rich miso that brings beneficial bacteria to the gut.
In your bag
- 1 lime
- 1 serrano chile (optional)
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken thigh pieces
- Sun Basket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - fresh ginger - fresh garlic - turmeric - olive oil - salt)
- 1 or 2 Persian cucumbers
- Quick-pickle brine (coconut vinegar - maple syrup - salt)
- 1 ounce shredded carrots
- 1 head romaine
- 2 scallions
- Fresh basil
- Fresh cilantro
- Dressing base (rice vinegar - gluten-free white miso - sesame oil)
Calories: 640, Protein: 36g, Fiber: 11g, Total Fat: 44g, Monounsaturated Fat: 25g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 115mg, Sodium: 900mg, Carbohydrates: 32mg, Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars (Maple syrup): 2g.