In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Barbacoa chicken sliders with cabbage slaw and peach-feta salad
Spicy, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 760 Calories/Serving
Our barbacoa sauce in these easy sliders brings on the heat, while a fast slaw and a peach-feta salad cool things off.
In your bag
- 3 or 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces each)
- Sunbasket barbacoa (chipotle peppers in gluten-free adobo - tomato paste - maple syrup - Dijon mustard - apple cider vinegar - cinnamon)
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño (optional)
- Slaw dressing base (red onion - fresh garlic - red wine vinegar)
- 3 ounces shredded Savoy cabbage
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- 2 peaches
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh mint
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- 3 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds
- 4 brioche slider buns
Nutrition per serving
Total Fat 36g (46% DV), Sat. Fat 10g (50% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 170mg (57% DV), Sodium 1160mg (50% DV), Total Carb. 66g (24% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 21g (Incl. 3g Added Sugars, 6% DV), Protein 43g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Wash produce before use
Cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks and cools, prepare the cabbage slaw.
Make the cabbage slaw
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- If using, cut the jalapeño in half lengthwise, then remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; cut the jalapeño crosswise into thin half-moons. Wash your hands after handling.
Let stand while you prepare the peach-feta salad.
Make the peach-feta salad
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pits; cut the fruit into ½-inch pieces.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Toast the buns; assemble the sliders
- Cut the buns in half.
Place the bun bottoms, cut sides up, on a work surface. Top with the chicken and cabbage slaw. Close with the bun tops.