Spicy barbacoa pulled-pork sliders with apple slaw
Smoky chipotle chiles bring flavors of open-flame cooking to our fast pulled-pork sliders. Cooled with apple slaw, it’s the perfect picnic, inside or out.
In your bag
- 1 wedge organic Savoy or other cabbage (about 7 ounces)
- 2 organic Granny Smith or other apples
- Sun Basket coleslaw dressing (paleo mayo - honey - apple cider vinegar - celery seeds)
- Sun Basket spicy chipotle barbacoa glaze (tomato paste - Dijon mustard - chipotle chiles in gluten-free adobo - maple syrup - apple cider vinegar - kosher salt - cinnamon)
- 4 slider buns
- 10 ounces braised pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños (optional)
If you prefer a milder version of these sliders, in Step 2, stir the barbacoa glaze into the pork 1 tablespoon at a time, to taste, or just serve all the glaze on the side.
Smoky, spicy, and subtly sweet, chipotle chiles in adobo are a common ingredient in Mexican and Southwestern recipes. They’re made by marinating smoke-dried jalapeños in an adobo sauce of tomato, paprika, garlic, salt, and vinegar.
Calories: 700, Protein: 35g (70% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 28g (43% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 1600mg (67% DV), Carbohydrates: 142g (47% DV), Total Sugars: 34g, Added Sugars: 8g (16% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.