In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy barbacoa pulled-pork sliders with apple slaw
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
Smoky chipotle chiles bring flavors of open-flame cooking to our fast pulled-pork sliders. Cooled with apple slaw, it’s the perfect picnic, inside or out.
In your bag
- 1 wedge organic Savoy or other cabbage (about 7 ounces)
- 2 organic Granny Smith or other apples
- Sun Basket coleslaw dressing (paleo mayo - honey - apple cider vinegar - celery seeds)
- Sun Basket spicy chipotle barbacoa glaze (tomato paste - Dijon mustard - chipotle chiles in gluten-free adobo - maple syrup - apple cider vinegar - kosher salt - cinnamon)
- 4 slider buns
- 10 ounces braised pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños (optional)
Calories: 630, Protein: 35g (70% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 28g (43% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 1600mg (67% DV), Carbohydrates: 142g (47% DV), Total Sugars: 34g, Added Sugars: 8g (16% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the apple slaw
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Peel the apples, if desired. Core and cut the apples into matchsticks.
Toast the buns; heat the pork
- Set aside half the barbacoa glaze for serving.
Add 1 to 2 teaspoons oil to the pan and warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the pork and cook, stirring once or twice, until the meat begins to crisp around the edges, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in up to half the barbacoa glaze to taste (see Chef’s Tip). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss the coleslaw.
- Time the cooking.
- Place the bun bottoms on plates.