In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Barramundi over creamy white beans with spinach and parsley-pecan pesto
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Pescatarian, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 760 Calories/Serving
Creamy white beans and wilted spinach team up with our saucy parsley-pecan pesto to create a delicious base for tender, flaky fish. Simple ingredients. Big, bold flavors.
In your bag
- 3 organic scallions
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 1½ cups cooked white beans
- 1 organic lime
- 1 organic serrano or other fresh chile (optional)
- Sunbasket parsley-pecan pesto (extra virgin olive oil - pecans - parsley - garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
- Seafood options:
- 2 sustainably raised skin-on barramundi fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 wild Pacific skin-on king salmon fillet (about 10 ounces)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
Calories 760, Total Fat 55g (71% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 65mg (22% DV), Sodium 670mg (29% DV), Total Carb. 35g (13% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 3g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 38g
Contains: Tree Nuts (pecan)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables and lime
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the white parts for the beans and the green parts for garnish.
- Coarsely chop the spinach.
- Rinse the white beans.
- Zest the lime; set aside the zest for the beans. Cut the lime into wedges for garnish. [Zest 1 lime; cut the lime into wedges. Save the remaining lime for another use.]
- Remove the stem from the serrano; thinly slice the serrano into rings, then finely chop enough to measure ½ teaspoon [1 tsp]. Set aside the serrano rings for garnish and the chopped serrano for the beans. Wash your hands after handling.
Cook the beans and spinach
In a medium sauce pot over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Stir in the white parts of the scallions and as much finely chopped serrano as you like, season with salt and pepper, and cook until starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the spinach, beans, parsley-pecan pesto, and ½ cup [1 cup] water. Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the spinach is wilted and the beans are heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Remove from the heat, stir in 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] lime zest, and cover to keep warm. While the beans and spinach are cooking, prepare the seafood.
Prep and cook the seafood
For fish (barramundi, halibut, and salmon):
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel (if using king salmon, cut in half crosswise); season lightly with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the fish (skin side down for the barramundi or salmon) and cook until lightly browned (and the barramundi or salmon skin is crisp), 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Rinse and drain the scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt.
In a large frying pan over high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the scallops and cook without turning until golden brown on one side and starting to turn opaque, 2 to 4 minutes. Turn and continue cooking for about 30 seconds for translucent or 1 to 2 minutes for opaque.
Transfer the beans and spinach to individual bowls and top with the seafood. Garnish with the green parts of the scallions, lime wedges, and as many serrano rings as you like and serve.
- Separate the white and green parts of the scallions.
- Rinse the beans.
- Time the cooking.
- Garnish with the scallions and lime wedges.