In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
2 Servings, 110 Calories/Serving
One of the most common raves and requests we receive here at Sunbasket is for our sauces. Chef Justine is known for her bold flavors, and her sauces all pack a big punch. A departure from standard basil-and-pine nut pesto, the addition of bright mint and earthy walnuts makes this pesto both livelier and heartier at the same time. We think it also has incredible utility—from pizza to grain bowls. The garlic is optional; leave it out and toss this with a fruit salad. Get creative.
In your bag
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 - ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic - optional
Calories 110, Total Fat 12g (15% DV), Sat. Fat 1.5g (8% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 60mg (3% DV), Total Carb. 2g (1% DV), Fiber 1g (4% DV), Protein 1g
Wash produce before use
Prep the ingredients
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
- Zest the lemon to equal ¼ teaspoon.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 2 teaspoons, optional.
Make the pesto
- Basil and Mint will oxidize quickly, and the pesto will begin to darken, so bring it straight to the table after making it.
- Raw garlic can be spicy, so we’ve left it optional in this recipe.