In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Basque-style bouillabaisse with sole and tarragon
Paleo, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
This paleo fish stew comes together in less than half an hour thanks to pre-chopped mirepoix and our house-made aioli, for a velvety finish to this light yet hearty meal.
In your bag
- 1 organic small leek
- ½ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 bunch organic dandelion or other leafy greens (about 7 ounces)
- Fish options:
- 2 wild sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Sun Basket herbed tomato base (tomatoes - garlic - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - EVOO - onion powder - kosher salt - dried oregano - black pepper - dried thyme)
- Sun Basket lemon-garlic aioli base (paleo mayo - lemon juice - garlic)
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 or 3 sprigs organic fresh tarragon
Calories: 460, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 610mg (25% DV), Carbohydrates: 26g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the leek; start the stew
- Trim the root ends from the leek; cut the leek in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Rinse well and pat dry.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the greens and fish.
Prep and cook the greens and fish
- Trim the ends from the dandelion greens, if needed; coarsely chop the greens.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; cut the fish into 1-inch pieces. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
While the greens and fish cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the stew
- Divide the lemon-garlic aioli base in half.
- Cut the lemon into wedges for garnish.
- Strip the tarragon leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
- Rinse the leek.
- Measure the water for the bouillabaisse.
- Strip the tarragon leaves.
- Garnish with the tarragon.