In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
BBQ chicken, corn, and fresh mozzarella pizzas with arugula salad
2 Servings, 880 Calories/Serving
You’ll love our spin on California Pizza Kitchen’s famous barbecue chicken pizza featuring tangy BBQ sauce, juicy chunks of chicken, and sweet corn piled on crisp flatbreads with melted mozz.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 ear organic corn
- Sunbasket BBQ sauce base (tomato paste - apple cider vinegar - maple syrup - molasses - vegan Worcestershire - garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
- Chicken options:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- ¼ pound fresh mozzarella
- 2 Atoria’s Family Bakery whole grain flatbreads
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1 organic lemon
- Sunbasket Italian dressing base (water - champagne vinegar - honey - Parmesan - parsley - garlic - red chile flakes - dried oregano)
- 3 ounces organic arugula or other leafy greens
Calories: 880, Protein: 47g (94% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 40g (62% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 110mg (37% DV), Sodium: 1330mg (55% DV), Carbohydrates: 90g (30% DV), Total Sugars: 25g, Added Sugars: 13g (26% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the pizza toppings
- Peel the onion and cut into enough ¼-inch-thick slices to measure ½ cup [1 cup] for the pizzas and ¼ cup [½ cup] for the salad.
- Shuck the corn. Lay the ear flat on a cutting board. Cut lengthwise down one side to remove the kernels, then rotate the ear so the shaved side is on the bottom; continue cutting away the kernels on the remaining sides.
- Set aside half the BBQ sauce base for assembling the pizzas.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken into ½-inch pieces.
Cook the toppings
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the ½ cup [1 cup] onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and starting to carmelize, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes.
Add the corn, half the BBQ sauce base, and ¼ cup [½ cup] water, adding more water as needed to reach the desired consistency, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the toppings are cooking, start preparing the rest of the meal.
Prep the mozzarella; start assembling the pizzas
Line the broiler pan or a sheet pan with foil; heat the broiler.
- Tear or cut the mozzarella into ½-inch pieces; set aside one-fourth of the mozzarella for finishing the pizzas or save for another use.
Spread the remaining BBQ sauce base evenly over the flatbreads, leaving a ½-inch border around the edges. Top with three-fourths of the mozzarella.
Prep the cilantro; make the salad
- Strip the cilantro leaves from the stems; set aside for garnish.
- Juice the lemon. [Juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon for another use.]
In a small bowl, stir together the Italian dressing base and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil. In a large bowl, toss together the arugula, remaining ¼ cup [½ cup] onion, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice, and as much Italian dressing as you like. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Broil the pizzas
Top the flatbreads with the chicken and corn mixture and then the remaining mozzarella, if using. Working in batches if needed, broil the pizzas until the cheese is melted, 1 to 3 minutes.
Transfer the pizzas to individual plates and garnish with the cilantro. Serve the arugula salad on top of the pizzas or on the side.
- Measure the onion.
- Tear the mozzarella.
- Top the flatbreads with BBQ sauce and cheese.
- Assemble the salad.
- Garnish the pizzas with the cilantro.