In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
BBQ chicken, corn, and fresh mozzarella pizzas with arugula salad
2 Servings, 730 Calories/Serving
You’ll love our spin on California Pizza Kitchen’s famous barbecue chicken pizza featuring tangy BBQ sauce, juicy chunks of chicken, and sweet corn piled on crisp flatbreads with melted mozz.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 ear organic corn
- Sunbasket BBQ sauce base (tomato paste - apple cider vinegar - maple syrup - molasses - vegan Worcestershire - garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
- Chicken options:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- ¼ pound fresh mozzarella
- 2 Atoria’s Family Bakery whole grain lavash flatbreads
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1 organic lemon
- Sunbasket Italian dressing base (water - champagne vinegar - honey - Parmesan - parsley - garlic - red chile flakes - dried oregano)
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
Calories 730, Total Fat 28g (36% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 110mg (37% DV), Sodium 1150mg (50% DV), Total Carb. 79g (29% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 25g (Incl. 13g Added Sugars, 26% DV), Protein 45g
Contains: Milk, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the pizza toppings
- Peel the onion and cut into enough ¼-inch-thick slices to measure ½ cup [1 cup] for the pizzas and ¼ cup [½ cup] for the salad.
- Shuck the corn. Lay the ear flat on a cutting board. Cut lengthwise down one side to remove the kernels, then rotate the ear so the shaved side is on the bottom; continue cutting away the kernels on the remaining sides.
- Set aside half the BBQ sauce base for assembling the pizzas.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken into ½-inch pieces.
Cook the toppings
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the ½ cup [1 cup] onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and starting to caramelize, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes.
Add the corn, half the BBQ sauce base, and ¼ cup [½ cup] water, adding more water as needed to reach the desired consistency. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the toppings are cooking, start preparing the rest of the meal.
Prep the mozzarella; toast the flatbreads; start assembling the pizzas
Line the broiler pan or a sheet pan with foil; heat the broiler.
- Tear or cut the mozzarella into ½-inch pieces; set aside one-fourth of the mozzarella for finishing the pizzas or save for another use.
On the stovetop directly over a flame, or in a dry medium frying pan over medium heat, warm the flatbreads, turning once, until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds per side. Alternatively, toast them in a toaster oven.
Spread the remaining BBQ sauce base evenly over the flatbreads, leaving a ½-inch border around the edges. Top with three-fourths of the mozzarella.
Prep the cilantro; make the salad
- Strip the cilantro leaves from the stems; set aside for garnish.
- Juice the lemon. [Juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon for another use.]
In a small bowl, stir together the Italian dressing base and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil. In a large bowl, toss together the arugula, remaining ¼ cup [½ cup] onion, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice, and as much Italian dressing as you like (set aside any remaining dressing for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Broil the pizzas
Top the flatbreads with the chicken and corn mixture and then the remaining mozzarella, if using. Working in batches if needed, place the flatbreads on the prepared broiler pan or sheet pan and broil the pizzas until the cheese is melted, 1 to 3 minutes.
Transfer the pizzas to individual plates and garnish with the cilantro. Serve the arugula salad on top of the pizzas or on the side, along with any remaining dressing.
- Measure the onion.
- Tear the mozzarella.
- Top the flatbreads with BBQ sauce and cheese.
- Assemble the salad.
- Garnish the pizzas with the cilantro.