In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
BBQ meatloaf with garlicky greens and rosemary-roasted potatoes
Diabetes-Friendly, Family-Friendly, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving
This no-frills meatloaf served with roasted potatoes and greens will satisfy all your comfort-food cravings.
In your bag
- ¾ pound organic red or gold new potatoes
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 10 ounces ground beef-pork mix
- 1 organic egg
- Sun Basket meatloaf spice blend (granulated garlic - onion powder - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- ¼ cup panko
- Sun Basket BBQ glaze (tomato paste - apple cider vinegar - maple syrup - molasses - vegan Worcestershire - garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 bunch organic lacinato or other kale (about ½ pound)
Calories: 610, Protein: 40g (80% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 23g (35% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 155mg (52% DV), Sodium: 570mg (24% DV), Carbohydrates: 64g (21% DV), Total Sugars: 17g, Added Sugars: 7g (14% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the potatoes
- Scrub or peel the potatoes. Cut the potatoes in half crosswise; cut any large halves in half.
- Coarsely chop the rosemary.
Assemble the meatloaf
- Peel and finely chop the shallots.
- Cut a small corner from the ground beef-pork mix packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Lightly grease a sheet pan with oil.
Bake the meatloaf
Prep and cook the kale
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Scrub the potatoes.
- Season the potatoes for roasting.
- Grease the sheet pan for the meatloaf.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Strip the kale leaves.