BBQ meatloaf with garlicky greens and rosemary-roasted potatoes
30 – 45 Minutes
This no-frills meatloaf served with roasted potatoes and greens will satisfy all your comfort-food cravings.
In your bag
- ¾ pound organic red or gold new potatoes
- 2 sprigs organic fresh rosemary
- 2 to 4 organic shallots (about ¼ pound total)
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 1 organic egg
- Sun Basket meatloaf spice blend (granulated garlic - onion powder - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- ¼ cup whole wheat panko
- Sun Basket barbecue blend (tomato paste - apple cider vinegar - maple syrup - molasses - vegan Worcestershire - fresh garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 bunch organic chard (about ½ pound)
Before shaping and baking the meatloaf, you can test the seasoning of the meat mixture by cooking a tablespoon or so in a small frying pan with a bit of oil over medium-high heat on the stovetop.
Make It Ahead
The meatloaf mixture (Step 2) can be prepared (but not shaped) up to 1 day ahead. Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, proceed with the rest of the recipe as directed. If baking the meatloaf cold from the fridge, add 5 to 10 minutes to the baking time.
If you’re tempted to peel the potatoes, remember what you’ll be taking away: along with flavor, many nutrients are contained in that thin outer layer. Potato skins hold more fiber and iron than the flesh does, not to mention protein, potassium, and magnesium. So consider putting down that peeler and scrubbing the spuds instead. You’ll save time, too.
Calories: 660, Protein: 40g (80% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 165mg (55% DV), Sodium: 810mg (34% DV), Carbohydrates: 57g (19% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 6g (12% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.