In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
BBQ meatloaf with garlicky greens and rosemary-roasted potatoes
Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Family-Friendly
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
This family-friendly meatloaf served with roasted potatoes and garlicky kale will satisfy all your comfort-food cravings.
In your bag
- ¾ pound organic red or gold new potatoes
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 10 ounces ground beef-pork mix
- 1 organic egg
- Sunbasket meatloaf spice blend (granulated garlic - onion powder - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- ¼ cup panko
- Sunbasket BBQ glaze (tomato paste - apple cider vinegar - maple syrup - molasses - vegan Worcestershire - garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 bunch organic lacinato or other kale (about ½ pound)
Calories: 620, Protein: 40g (80% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 155mg (52% DV), Sodium: 570mg (24% DV), Carbohydrates: 64g (21% DV), Total Sugars: 17g, Added Sugars: 7g (14% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the potatoes
Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Scrub or peel the potatoes. Cut the potatoes in half crosswise; cut any large halves in half.
- Coarsely chop the rosemary.
On a sheet pan, toss the potatoes with the rosemary and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season generously with salt and pepper. Spread in an even layer and roast, turning once halfway through, until tender, golden brown, and starting to crisp, 20 to 25 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the meatloaf.
Assemble the meatloaf
- Peel and finely chop the shallots.
- Lightly grease a sheet pan with oil.
- Cut a small corner from the ground beef-pork mix packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a large bowl, using a fork or whisk, blend the egg with the shallots, meatloaf spice blend, and panko and season generously with salt and pepper. Add the ground beef-pork and mix until just combined. Transfer the meat mixture to the prepared sheet pan and form into a 6-by-2-inch loaf [2 loaves]. Divide the BBQ glaze in half. Spread half evenly on top of the meatloaf. Set aside the remaining half for serving.
Bake the meatloaf
Bake, rotating the pan halfway through, until the meatloaf is browned on top and cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes; a metal knife inserted into the center for 30 seconds should come out hot to the touch, or an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should register 160°F. When the meatloaf is almost done, prepare the kale.
Prep and cook the kale
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Working in batches if needed, add the kale, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until just wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the meatloaf, potatoes, and kale to individual plates. Serve the remaining BBQ glaze on the side.
- Scrub the potatoes.
- Season the potatoes for roasting.
- Grease the sheet pan for the meatloaf.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Strip the kale leaves.