In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
BBQ pork chops and broccoli slaw with raisins and walnuts
Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Family-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 560 Calories/Serving
We love a good pork chop. Especially when it’s slathered with our tangy Southern-style BBQ sauce and paired with a cool, crunchy, and vibrant broccoli slaw.
In your bag
- ½ pound organic broccoli
- 1 organic celery rib
- 1 organic red onion
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- Sunbasket “creamy” coleslaw dressing (paleo mayo - honey - apple cider vinegar - celery seeds)
- 2 boneless center-cut pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket BBQ sauce base (tomato paste - apple cider vinegar - maple syrup - molasses - vegan Worcestershire - garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
Calories: 560, Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 34g (52% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 100mg (33% DV), Sodium: 510mg (21% DV), Carbohydrates: 33g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 19g, Added Sugars: 7g (14% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts (walnut), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the broccoli slaw
- Trim the stems from the broccoli; cut the stems in half lengthwise, then crosswise into thin half-moons. Cut the remaining broccoli into 1-inch florets.
- Cut the celery into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure ¾ cup [1½ cups]; set aside ½ cup [1 cup] for the pork.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
In a large bowl, toss together the broccoli stems and florets, celery, ¼ cup [½ cup] onion, walnuts, raisins, and as much coleslaw dressing as you like (set aside the remaining dressing for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cook the onion
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the remaining chopped onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
Prep and cook the pork and BBQ sauce
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
In the same pan used for the onion, if dry, add 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the pork and cook, turning frequently, until browned but still faintly pink within, 7 to 9 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the BBQ sauce base, onion, and 1 to 2 tablespoons [2 to 4 TBL] water. Cook until the sauce is heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
Transfer the broccoli slaw and pork chops to individual plates. Spoon the onion and BBQ sauce over the pork and serve any remaining dressing on the side.
- Measure the onion.
- Assemble the broccoli slaw.
- Measure the water for the BBQ sauce.
- Time the cooking.
- Transfer the slaw to plates.