In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
BBQ pulled chicken sliders with peach-feta salad and cabbage slaw
2 Servings, 790 Calories/Serving
Our house-made BBQ sauce in these easy sliders brings instant intensity, while a fast slaw and salad balance the richness.
In your bag
- 4 or 5 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound total)
- Sunbasket BBQ sauce (tomato paste - apple cider vinegar - honey - vegan Worcestershire sauce - unsulfured molasses - fresh garlic - black pepper)
- 1 wedge red cabbage (about ½ pound)
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño (optional)
- Slaw dressing base (yellow onion - fresh garlic - red wine vinegar)
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- 4 peaches
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- ⅓ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 8 slider buns
Total Fat 39g (50% DV), Sat. Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 155mg (52% DV), Sodium 900mg (39% DV), Total Carb. 75g (27% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 28g (Incl. 6g Added Sugars, 12% DV), Protein 39g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Wash produce before use
Cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
When the chicken has cooled, using a fork, shred the chicken and toss with half the BBQ sauce; season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside the remaining BBQ sauce for serving.
While the chicken cooks and cools, prepare the cabbage slaw.
Make the cabbage slaw
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- If using the jalapeño, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; cut the jalapeño crosswise into thin half-moons. Wash your hands after handling.
Let stand while you prepare the peach-feta salad and toast the buns.
Make the peach-feta salad
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pits; cut the fruit into ½-inch pieces.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves.
Toast the buns; assemble the sliders
- Cut the buns in half.
Place the bun bottoms, cut sides up, on a work surface. Top with the chicken and cabbage slaw. Close with the bun tops.
- Stir together the cabbage slaw.
- Remove the peach pits.
- Strip and tear the mint leaves.
- Stir together the peach-feta salad.
- Serve the meal.