In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Family Menu: Beef and broccoli teriyaki with jasmine rice
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
In this lush, gluten-free stir-fry, beef top sirloin strips cook quickly in Sunbasket’s custom teriyaki sauce.
In your bag
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1¼ pounds top sirloin steak strips
- 1 yellow onion
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 1 red bell pepper
- 10 ounces broccoli
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Sunbasket teriyaki sauce base (honey - gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - sesame oil)
- 3 scallions
- Fresh basil
Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 4g (16% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 85mg (28% DV), Sodium: 820mg (34% DV), Carbohydrates: 63g (21% DV), Total Sugars: 17g, Added Sugars: 13g (26% DV).
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- In a fine-mesh strainer, rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the steak and remaining stir-fry ingredients.
Sear the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Prep the remaining stir-fry ingredients
- Peel and chop the yellow onion into 1-inch pieces.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1½ teaspoons.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper. Chop the bell pepper into 1-inch pieces.
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets.
- In a medium bowl, with a whisk or fork, mix together the arrowroot powder, chicken broth, and teriyaki sauce base to form a slurry.
Cook the vegetables and finish the steak
Stir the arrowroot slurry to recombine, then add to the pan. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the steak and any accumulated juices, bring to a simmer, and cook until the steak is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes for medium.
While the stir-fry cooks, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the scallions and basil; finish the stir-fry
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal for garnish.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves.
- Rinse the rice.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Mix the slurry.
- Strip and tear the basil leaves.
- Serve the meal.