In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Beef and chorizo albondigas soup
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
Almost every cuisine has its version of meatballs. Albondigas are Mexico’s contribution to the genre. Chef Justine uses a blend of beef and chorizo sausage made with pork to make an extra-flavorful version that simmer in a gently spiced tomato broth.
In your bag
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 or 2 carrots
- 1 pound summer squash
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- Spice mix (cumin - coriander)
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo chili flakes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- Meatball mix (ground beef - chorizo - egg - salt - garlic powder - cilantro)
- Small bunch cilantro
- 1 lime
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Peel and slice the onion.
- Rinse and slice the carrots.
- Rinse and slice the summer squash.
- Strip the leaves from the oregano sprigs and rough chop the leaves.
Make the meatballs
While the meatballs cook:
- Rinse, dry, and roughly chop the cilantro.
- Cut the lime into wedges.