In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Beef and rice noodle salad with arugula pesto
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 790 Calories/Serving
Pasta night gets a Southeast-Asian twist in this quick-cooking noodle salad.
In your bag
- ½ pound flat rice noodles
- 2 limes
- 1 bunch kale (about ½ pound)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- Sunbasket arugula pesto (baby arugula - walnuts - fresh garlic - olive oil - salt)
- 1 pound top sirloin steak strips
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh mint
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 3 ounces shredded carrots
Total Fat 53g (68% DV), Sat. Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 85mg (28% DV), Sodium 610mg (27% DV), Total Carb. 47g (17% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 4g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 33g
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Soak the rice noodles
While the water heats and the noodles soak, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the kale
- Zest and juice 1 lime into a large bowl.
- Cut the remaining lime into wedges for garnish.
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Divide the sambal oelek into two equal portions; set aside half for the steak.
Cook the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
While the steak cooks, finish the salad.
Finish the salad
- Cut the grape tomatoes in half.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
- Measure the water for the noodles.
- Juice the lime.
- Strip and tear the mint leaves.
- Toss the noodle salad.
- Set out the meal.