In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Beef and rice noodle salad with arugula pesto
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 790 Calories/Serving
Pasta night gets a Southeast-Asian twist in this quick-cooking noodle salad.
In your bag
- ½ pound flat rice noodles
- 2 limes
- 1 bunch kale (about ½ pound)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- Sunbasket arugula pesto (baby arugula - walnuts - fresh garlic - olive oil - salt)
- 1 pound top sirloin steak strips
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh mint
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 3 ounces shredded carrots
Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 53g (82% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 24g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 11g (55% DV), Cholesterol: 85mg (28% DV), Sodium: 610mg (25% DV), Carbohydrates: 47g (16% DV), Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Soak the rice noodles
While the water heats and the noodles soak, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the kale
- Zest and juice 1 lime into a large bowl.
- Cut the remaining lime into wedges for garnish.
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Divide the sambal oelek into two equal portions; set aside half for the steak.
Cook the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
While the steak cooks, finish the salad.
Finish the salad
- Cut the grape tomatoes in half.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
- Measure the water for the noodles.
- Juice the lime.
- Strip and tear the mint leaves.
- Toss the noodle salad.
- Set out the meal.