In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Beef dzik salad with honey-lime vinaigrette and guacamole
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
Ready for a flavor revolution? Just fire up your choice of protein with warm Mexican spices, then cool it down with crisp watermelon radish dressed in honey-lime vinaigrette.
In your bag
- 2 organic limes
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket Yucatán spice blend (achiote - coriander - granulated garlic - sumac - cumin - allspice - cinnamon)
- 1 organic watermelon radish
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 3 tablespoons pickled jalapeños (optional)
- ¼ cup Wholly guacamole
Nutrition per serving
Calories 580, Total Fat 41g (53% DV), Sat. Fat 9g (45% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 65mg (22% DV), Sodium 360mg (16% DV), Total Carb. 37g (13% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 17g (Incl. 9g Added Sugars, 18% DV), Protein 23g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the onion and honey-lime vinaigrette
- Juice 1 lime; cut the remaining lime into wedges for garnish. [Juice 2 limes; cut 1 lime into wedges. Save the remaining lime for another use.]
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
In a large bowl, stir together the honey and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] lime juice; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the onion and let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook the ground meat
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the ground meat, season generously with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring to break up the meat, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the garlic and Yucatán spice blend and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and the meat is cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the ground meat is cooking, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; assemble the salad
- Peel the watermelon radish; cut the radish in half lengthwise, then crosswise into thin half-moons.
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; coarsely chop the leaves.
- If using, finely chop the jalapeños. Wash your hands after handling.
To the bowl with the onion and vinaigrette, stir in 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the radish, romaine, and as many jalapeños as you like and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the salad to individual plates and top with the ground meat and any accumulated juices. Garnish with the guacamole and lime wedges and serve.
- Juice the lime; measure the juice.
- Measure the onion.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Time the cooking.
- Garnish the salad.