In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Beef dzik salad with honey-lime vinaigrette and guacamole
Paleo, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
For a fresh spin on beef salad, we season ground meat with warm Mexican spices and serve it over crisp vegetables dressed in a honey-lime vinaigrette.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- Sun Basket honey-lime vinaigrette base (lime juice - onion - honey - Aleppo chile flakes)
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- Sun Basket Yucatán spice blend (achiote - coriander - granulated garlic - sumac - cumin - allspice - cinnamon)
- 1 organic lime
- 1 organic watermelon radish
- 1 head organic Artisan or other lettuce
- 3 tablespoons pickled jalapeños (optional)
- ¼ cup Wholly guacamole
Calories: 580, Protein: 23g (46% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 41g (63% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 65mg (22% DV), Sodium: 310mg (13% DV), Carbohydrates: 34g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 17g, Added Sugars: 7g (14% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the onion
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
Prep and cook the beef
- Cut a small corner from the ground beef packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
Prep the remaining ingredients; assemble the salad
- Cut the lime into wedges for garnish. [Cut 1 lime into wedges; save the remaining lime for another use.]
- Peel the watermelon radish; cut the radish in half lengthwise, then crosswise into thin half-moons.
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; coarsely chop the leaves.
- If using, finely chop the jalapeños. Wash your hands after handling.
- Measure the onion.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Add the garnishes.