In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Beef dzik salad with honey-lime vinaigrette and guacamole
Carb-Conscious, Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo, Spicy, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
For a refreshing take on beef salad, we fire up ground meat with warm Mexican spices, then cool it down with crisp watermelon radish dressed in a honey-lime vinaigrette.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- Sunbasket honey-lime vinaigrette base (lime juice - onion - honey - Aleppo chile flakes)
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- Sunbasket Yucatán spice blend (achiote - coriander - granulated garlic - sumac - cumin - allspice - cinnamon)
- 1 organic lime
- 1 organic watermelon radish
- 1 head organic Artisan romaine or other lettuce
- 3 tablespoons pickled jalapeños (optional)
- ¼ cup Wholly guacamole
Calories: 580, Protein: 23g (46% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 41g (63% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 65mg (22% DV), Sodium: 310mg (13% DV), Carbohydrates: 35g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 17g, Added Sugars: 7g (14% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the onion
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
In a large bowl, stir together the onion and honey-lime vinaigrette base. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook the beef
- Cut a small corner from the ground beef packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the beef, season generously with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring to break up the meat, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and Yucatán spice blend and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and the beef is cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the beef is cooking, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; assemble the salad
- Cut the lime into wedges for garnish. [Cut 1 lime into wedges; save the remaining lime for another use.]
- Peel the watermelon radish; cut the radish in half lengthwise, then crosswise into thin half-moons.
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; coarsely chop the leaves.
- If using, finely chop the jalapeños. Wash your hands after handling.
To the bowl with the onion and vinaigrette, stir in 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the radish, lettuce, and as many jalapeños as you like and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the salad to individual plates and top with the beef and any accumulated juices. Garnish with the guacamole and lime wedges and serve.
- Measure the onion.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Garnish the salad.