In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Beef stroganoff and spinach over zucchini “noodles”
Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Family-Friendly, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
Zucchini “noodles” turn traditional beef stroganoff into a paleo-approved dish that’s easy to make any night of the week.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 or 2 cloves organic roasted garlic
- 2 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- Sun Basket mushroom stroganoff blend (arrowroot powder - porcini powder - onion powder - granulated garlic)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories: 430, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 17g (26% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 390mg (16% DV), Carbohydrates: 39g (13% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Using a fork or the side of a knife, gently mash the roasted garlic into a paste.
- Lay the zucchini flat. Trim and discard the round end. Holding the stem end secure, using a peeler, shave the zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbons. Pat dry with a paper towel.
Prep and brown the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Cook the stroganoff
- In a small bowl, using a fork, mix together the mushroom stroganoff blend and vegetable broth.
Add the steak and any accumulated juices and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Working in batches if needed, stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted and the steak is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. When the stroganoff is almost done, finish the zucchini “noodles.”
Cook the zucchini “noodles”
- Measure the onion.
- Mash the garlic with a fork.
- Pat the zucchini dry.
- Mix the mushroom stroganoff blend and broth.
- Time the cooking.