In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Beef stroganoff and spinach over zucchini “noodles”
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 410 Calories/Serving
You better believe it. With zucchini ribbons, arrowroot powder, and some genius chef tricks, you’ve got classic stroganoff goodness without dairy, grains, or gluten.
In your bag
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 or 2 cloves organic roasted garlic
- 2 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket mushroom stroganoff blend (arrowroot powder - porcini powder - onion powder - granulated garlic)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories 410, Total Fat 17g (22% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 380mg (17% DV), Total Carb. 38g (14% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 36g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Using a fork or the side of a knife, gently mash the roasted garlic into a paste.
- Lay the zucchini flat. Trim and discard the round end. Holding the stem end secure, using a peeler, shave the zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbons. Pat dry with a paper towel.
Prep and start cooking your protein
- Steak, chicken, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shrimp or scallops: Rinse and drain the shrimp or scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Plant-based chicken: Pat the plant-based chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 1 to 3 minutes for shrimp; 2 to 4 minutes for scallops, steak, pork, tofu, or plant-based chicken; and 3 to 5 minutes for chicken. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan.
Cook the stroganoff
- In a small bowl, using a fork, mix together the mushroom stroganoff blend and vegetable broth.
In the same pan used for your protein, if dry, add 2 to 3 teaspoons oil. Warm over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add the onion and roasted garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened and starting to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir the mushroom stroganoff mixture to recombine, add to the pan, and bring to a boil for 10 seconds, then reduce to a simmer and cook until starting to thicken, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add your protein and any accumulated juices and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Working in batches if needed, stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted and your protein is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. When the stroganoff is almost done, finish the zucchini “noodles.”
Cook the zucchini “noodles”
In another large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Stir in the zucchini “noodles,” season with salt and pepper, and cook until crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
Transfer the zucchini “noodles” to individual plates, top with the stroganoff, and serve.
- Measure the onion.
- Mash the garlic with a fork.
- Pat the zucchini dry.
- Mix the mushroom stroganoff blend and broth.
- Time the cooking.